New Songs! - Gravity, Into the Light, The Streets

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Re: New Songs! - Gravity, Into the Light, The Streets

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

:lol: GraveDancer, you have a very clever way with words.

And you're right. Those fun, catchy new songs are downright dangerous for Soul Asylum's core audience. Don't forget, we "suicidal milfs" and "time-warp nerds" are taking Boniva and Lipitor as well as Xanax now. Why, if we lose our heads and start rocking out to these new songs, we might have a heart attack or break a hip.

No, no, we should stay safely tucked into our rocking chairs at home with a nice glass of warm milk and listen to the soothing strains of slow-tempo acoustic guitar music. That's much more our speed. ;)

. . . . . . . . . . .

Isn't American Idiot just a collection of Broadway show tunes now?
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

crawl
Social Butterfly

Re: New Songs! - Gravity, Into the Light, The Streets

Post by crawl »

Ehh... what's that you said sonny (Grave Dancer). Hold on, I need to turn on my hearing aid and pull up my wheel chair. Did you say "Wish that I knew what I know now when I was younger?" Cause it does not sound like your taste has improved with age anyway. Are you going through a blue period?

My Drunken Uncle is a great band. http://www.myspace.com/mydrunkenuncle

But wait my Xanex is running low, I need to get hip and get some adderall so I can stand to listen to John Mayer, U2 or Green Day.

At what point would you have told Doc Watson he was too old to play? Pop Staples? Neil Young and Eric Clapton?

BTW: Us suicidal milfs and time warp nerds know how to form a sentence. Usually one uses capital letters after periods and ends sentences with a period. But then we expect songs to have more than three cords too.

Stick to what you do best. making gentle music for suicidal milfs and time warp nerds still clutching "dim light"

KEEP ON ROCKIN IN THE FREE WORLD!

The above is my opinion. If asked to confirm, I will neither admit nor deny it, but request further information regarding.