How did you get into Soul Asylum?

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
samtheslug
Runaway

Re: How did you get into Soul Asylum?

Post by samtheslug »

zany wrote:welcome to the addiction sam...
Thanks,but I bet in about a month, I've moved on and listening to some other band :?.

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

samtheslug wrote:
zany wrote:welcome to the addiction sam...
Thanks,but I bet in about a month, I've moved on and listening to some other band :?.
Once a soul asyum fan, always one... it tends to stick to people. Particularly if you catch them in concert. Welcome to the club.

Phil

pearljamgirl07
Lone Rider

Post by pearljamgirl07 »

in 1993 ,when runaway rain was a hit in my country .I was completely in love with the band ,then one of my brothers gave me grave dancers union(the only album that have been edited in my country :cry: )
And I see, that these are the eyes of disarray
Would you even care?

CULater
Caged Rat

Post by CULater »

A friend of mine was attending college in Minnesota and used to send a bunch of new music to listen to. And of course, Soul Asylum was a big one. Along with The Replacements and The Gear Daddies. Anyways, the first time I ever saw them live was in a small club and the opening acts were The Jayhawks and Pearl Jam! It was outstanding to say the least. I remember Dave had on his typical basketball shoes with holes in them, then after one song he came out in combat boots and kind of tripped while rocking out. After the song he changed back to the gym shoes and said "Sorry, it's the first time I ever tried to rock in a different type of footwear...trying to work on my image" Little things like that tend to stick in the mind! He was being his usual sarcastic funny self and it got a good laugh from the audience.
"I've learned to accept and not to expect - the respect and neglect that I get. And I try not to forget about what hasn't happened yet.....""

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

CULater wrote:A friend of mine was attending college in Minnesota and used to send a bunch of new music to listen to. And of course, Soul Asylum was a big one. Along with The Replacements and The Gear Daddies. Anyways, the first time I ever saw them live was in a small club and the opening acts were The Jayhawks and Pearl Jam! It was outstanding to say the least. I remember Dave had on his typical basketball shoes with holes in them, then after one song he came out in combat boots and kind of tripped while rocking out. After the song he changed back to the gym shoes and said "Sorry, it's the first time I ever tried to rock in a different type of footwear...trying to work on my image" Little things like that tend to stick in the mind! He was being his usual sarcastic funny self and it got a good laugh from the audience.
Dave in combat boots! That would have been a sight to see! Him tripping in those boots must have been the last straw on him trying to work on his image because it sure hasn't changed much, which is fine with me. He seems to be able to glide around in his tennis shoes with some ease, alot easier I think then it would be in combat boots!

Rusty
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

CULater
Caged Rat

Post by CULater »

It was a sight, but even when tripping...he has a way of working it into his moves! I agree, though...he does just fine in gym shoes.
"I've learned to accept and not to expect - the respect and neglect that I get. And I try not to forget about what hasn't happened yet.....""

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

ahh great shoe story! thanks for sharing.

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

I always respond to "how did you get into soul asylum" with the wrong thing. I always tend to post my first EXPERIENCE with soul asylum.

i wonder how that would work out as a thread ;) I bet there's good stories to be had.

CULater
Caged Rat

Post by CULater »

I would venture to guess that is the way some people got into Soul Asylum...through their first experience. I know I've brought "rookies" to concerts and their eyes were open to what we all already know! Sure, you can suggest people listen to this CD or that....but what better way to really hook someone than to take them to a live show.

Personally, I was hooked on the music first, but after the first-ever live show...forget about it!!

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

I walked out on my first live show! :lol: I made it approximately two...songs? Then bad gross things happened on stage and I left.