Be Glad.

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
Marta
Runaway

Be Glad.

Post by Marta »

Jeez, negativity. We already heard some of these songs? Well,thank you, SA for passing them along (for free ) until the new album got here. I can't wait to get the whole album, and especially to see them touring to promote it!

Closer
Social Butterfly

Re: Be Glad.

Post by Closer »

Oh, come on... it's in the job profile for a SA fan to be negative and whine about album releases... that's how they brought us up since 2000, and let's be frank... it's not like we don't have a point.

I'll make a positive note then... it seems like everyone so far hates the album cover... I kinda like it... it's totally not Soul Asylum, judging by their other album covers, but in a modern art kind of way I like it.

Better?

Marta
Runaway

Post by Marta »

OK. I do get it. I'm happy to see band activity even if all of the songs aren't a total surprise.

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

I understand some people might think... ''jeez, be glad that the band is still around and releasing music at all'', but that doesn't mean you can't get your hopes up for something better/newer and be dissapointed by this... and after all, this is a forum, it's ok to bitch about what you like and not like. And I already expressed enough why I feel this way about some of the songs in the other thread. I'm glad the band is still making music at all obviously.

Karlwerneth
Caged Rat

Post by Karlwerneth »

I am glad. In a way we're all glad. That's why we ARE here on this "web site". To celebrate the band we love by going to live shows, buying albums, sharing and discussing experiences. It's only because of the modern computer that we all know everything and can hear things almost instantly. In the "olden days" it would've been more difficult to hear and know so much so fast. In regards to the new release... am I disappointed... not yet... do I expect more... yes. Would I prefer all songs that we all haven't heard yet... sure... but I can wait for the next album... because I have faith that they're as creative as I'm sure they are. All of us "negative" people will be the first to buy the new album and go to as many shows as we can.
I am GLAD that they are still making music and I hope they won't stop... I'm sure they can't.

Karlwerneth
Caged Rat

Post by Karlwerneth »

I am glad. In a way we're all glad. That's why we ARE here on this "web site". To celebrate the band we love by going to live shows, buying albums, sharing and discussing experiences. It's only because of the modern computer that we all know everything and can hear things almost instantly. In the "olden days" it would've been more difficult to hear and know so much so fast. In regards to the new release... am I disappointed... not yet... do I expect more... yes. Would I prefer all songs that we all haven't heard yet... sure... but I can wait for the next album... because I have faith that they're as creative as I'm sure they are. All of us "negative" people will be the first to buy the new album and go to as many shows as we can.
I am GLAD that they are still making music and I hope they won't stop... I'm sure they can't.

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

Closer wrote:I understand some people might think... ''jeez, be glad that the band is still around and releasing music at all'', but that doesn't mean you can't get your hopes up for something better/newer and be dissapointed by this... and after all, this is a forum, it's ok to bitch about what you like and not like. And I already expressed enough why I feel this way about some of the songs in the other thread. I'm glad the band is still making music at all obviously.
I don't think people want to keep you from bitching. There are a number of people here for whom Delayed Reaction might be the first album that they are waiting for, so it's the first time they're excitedly waiting for it. To see that happy excitement mixed in with some negative opinions might be jarring. Just speculation on my part.

I don't like the album cover, but then...I didn't like the covers for While You Were Out or Say What You Will much either.

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

mystic_spiral_3 wrote:
Closer wrote:I don't think people want to keep you from bitching. There are a number of people here for whom Delayed Reaction might be the first album that they are waiting for, so it's the first time they're excitedly waiting for it. To see that happy excitement mixed in with some negative opinions might be jarring. Just speculation on my part.
I don't know... I think everyone is big enough to not let an anonymous person on the internet influence their opinion.

Judgmental Patient
Social Butterfly

Post by Judgmental Patient »

Dude. Say What You Will's cover is hilarious!!
What happened son, you could have been someone
You could have been much more

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

Closer wrote:
mystic_spiral_3 wrote:
Closer wrote:I don't think people want to keep you from bitching. There are a number of people here for whom Delayed Reaction might be the first album that they are waiting for, so it's the first time they're excitedly waiting for it. To see that happy excitement mixed in with some negative opinions might be jarring. Just speculation on my part.
I don't know... I think everyone is big enough to not let an anonymous person on the internet influence their opinion.
since when are we anonymous people on the internet.... I think I've met a good chunk of the people on this forum at shows over the years...

Phil