Podcast with Dave interview

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Podcast with Dave interview

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

Dave is the "special-er" guest in episode 6 of this podcast.

http://ontheflyradio.com/
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Re: Podcast with Dave interview

Post by AlyssaJones »

Cool interview, but I'm listening to it and going, "what the hell is Fat City???"

better late
Social Butterfly

Post by better late »

If my now tequila infused mind remembers correctly .Fat City was a failed attempt by Orleans Parish(county)'s neighboring parish (county) Jefferson Parish to replicate the French Quarter. It was created in Metairie (city) in a "strip" of streets with many bars around the height of the dreaded disco era. Never really took - big discord between the desire to make money off of crazy drunks and the "family oriented" image some wanted to convey. And, for some reason, getting obscenely drunk and beaten up in Metairie just wasn't as fun as getting obscenely drunk and beaten up in the French Quarter.

Since it didn't work out, they've been trying to clean it up. There is a real family oriented Mardi Gras there every year. I wouldn't recommend it though...many years ago, we tried it. I can assure you it was not as much fun as getting drunk and falling down in the French Quarter is.

But then, that might just be the tequila talking....

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

Is it me or is that DJ a bit annoying? Laughing out loud way too hard at all the little jokes.