New t-shirt design

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
Benny
Runaway

New t-shirt design

Post by Benny »

Hey all

We're having trouble coming up with a design for a new t-shirt for the First Ave show. So I'm putting it out to you guys, for anybody that wants a fun weekend project.

If one of you guys designs a shirt, and it's chosen, you will recieve $50 and 2 tickets to the First Ave show.

It should be holiday (not Christmas) or winter-themed. One-sided, and no more than a couple/few colors. Deadline is Monday December 17 at 5PM CST. Please send any jpegs of designs to benperlstein@Gmail.com. If chosen and you are compensated, your design will become property of Soul Asylum.

Thanks,
Benny

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Sweet, definitely sounds like fun. I know I'll be cranking out a few designs. Good luck to everyone!
Last edited by Monolith Maniac on Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

Hot damn! Hey Benny, does this mean I'll get a refund for my already bought ticket in lieu of one of those tix? :D Probably not, but I thought I'd ask anyway. :wink:

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

Benny,
Any chance these shirts will be available for sale to those who can't make the show? I have a couple SA shirts that are nearing retirement age, and any replacement is a good thing.

Phil

pathorses
O'Jeezer

Post by pathorses »

philipgar wrote:Benny,
Any chance these shirts will be available for sale to those who can't make the show? I have a couple SA shirts that are nearing retirement age, and any replacement is a good thing.

Phil
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I usually hate to have shirts from shows that I didn't go to but I would make an exception in this case.

Pat

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

Yeah, it would be cool to add another shirt to the collection, especially if it's designed by a fellow fan.

rockinbrian
Inmate

Post by rockinbrian »

I would love to see tditz_gb (Tim's) Avatar used as a T-Shirt. Love that shot of Soul Asylums star outside of 1st Avenue. Show at 1st Ave Fits don't it? Nice and simple design would look great on a black or grey T.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

rockinbrian wrote:I would love to see tditz_gb (Tim's) Avatar used as a T-Shirt. Love that shot of Soul Asylums star outside of 1st Avenue. Show at 1st Ave Fits don't it? Nice and simple design would look great on a black or grey T.
It would be a great design, but I don't know if they'd consider it as they've already had something similar.

There was a black tshirt that did have the First Avenue star on it for their 20th anniversary show which was played at First Avenue. It had the star on the front, and on the back of it showed a list of all the major headlines in the news that had past since they've been together.

It said something along the lines of: "We survived: September 11th, The Gulf War, Y2K, etc." and about a dozen other major headlines.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

Sadly, I'm unable to spend any time churning out even a single design as prior responsibilities demand my full attention this weekend. To all artistes and designers participating in this, good luck! :D

pathorses
O'Jeezer

New t-shirt design

Post by pathorses »

Hey Benny,
Will we know the winning design?
Pat

See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)