Dan's status with the band

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Re: Dan's status with the band

Post by EasyStreet »

not that I know diddly squat about this, but a friend of mine said he bumped into Danny at a Whole Foods this past weekend.

He had to stock up on groceries, that's why he missed this past show!!

:mrgreen:
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

I just talked to Wes and he wanted me to post:

There's going to be an official statement, be please patient, an answer will be posted soon.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

TravisSaves
Social Butterfly

Post by TravisSaves »

"There's going to be an official statement"? Yikes, that doesn't sound good. :?

I can't imagine Soul Asylum making an official statement to say that Dan Murphy is STILL the guitarist of Soul Asylum. Needing to make an official statement means there's something we need to hear.

Well, I'm still staying positive because I can't imagine a world with Dan Murphy not being in Soul Asylum.

Also, I hope we don't hear that he's in poor health. Here's to hoping for the best for both Soul Asylum and their fans!
Last edited by TravisSaves on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

Kinda says it all, it made no sense anyway that they have another guitarist learning all the songs they played that night (and pretty tight I might add, judging from the youtube clips) if it would have been for just one gig. They could have relied on only Dave for one show. Hopefully Danny's still in but doesn't want to do every single gig anymore or something like that. Because if he's out for sure, then I think for most fans it's the end of the band... even if Dave continues with the name.

Marta
Runaway

Post by Marta »

Ugh... this whole thing is seriously making me sick at my stomach. I so hope it's not true
Oh, Alyssa, me too! I saw something yesterday that led me to think that McKelvey was the stand in for Dan in Spain, does anyone know if he was or if not, who it was?

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Marta wrote:I saw something yesterday that led me to think that McKelvey was the stand in for Dan in Spain, does anyone know if he was or if not, who it was?
It doesn't look like him (never saw him wear a hat either). Biggest give away I think that it isn't him is that he is playing with his left hand (McKelvey was a righty).
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Marta
Runaway

Post by Marta »

Thanks Jim,
I guess you don't know who it was, though?

lucy
Social Butterfly

Post by lucy »

: (

OneLovedBand
Social Butterfly

Post by OneLovedBand »

I don't know anything and don't want to add anything to the rumor mill. Just wanted to say that if it is true, Dan will be missed and this makes me really sad. I just hope I can still see him play from time to time with Golden Smog.

TravisSaves
Social Butterfly

Post by TravisSaves »

Soul Asylum just posted this on Facebook:

Hey everyone...we know there has been a lot of discussion lately, we just wanted you to know that everything and everyone is fine and we will be in touch shortly with more info. Thanks and look forward to seeing you at a show soon!