New SoulAsylum.com site?

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
Closer
Social Butterfly

New SoulAsylum.com site?

Post by Closer »

http://soulasylum.com/

Do they have a new site? Looks like it... when you used to type soulasylum.com you would be linked to this one. I thought this had become the official site.

And from the pictures it looks like they are recording with John Fields again, or just rehearsing.

Closer
Social Butterfly

Re: new site?

Post by Closer »

I just checked out the links from that site... on Winston's site it says:

"I took off from Rock Of Ages this week to go to Minneapolis to start pre-production on the new Soul Asylum record."

Does anyone know more about it?

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Well, you already found out about this... evidently it wasn't supposed to be launched until next week. I was going to make an official announcement, I'll guess do one on the front page later. :P

Anyways, as you can see www.SoulAsylum.com is going to be a Wordpress blog run by the new guitarist Justin Sharbono. Wes Kidd, their manager owned the SoulAsylum.com domain and EnterTheSoulAsylum.com was fortunate enough to have it redirected here for many years. His site will be more focused on the what is going on with the band at the "current moment" on what I was referred to being "behind the scenes".

Don't worry, EnterTheSoulAsylum isn't going anywhere, just the redirect of SoulAsylum.com will bring you to the new site.

I hope everyone enjoys the new site and lets welcome Justin to the Soul Asylum online community. :)
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

Alright, well, it's cool that they are going to be more active that way.

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

Really? Next thing u know they will replace Dave. They could have a cut out of dave for a while, idk maybe call it flat Dave, similair to flat stanley It would make for a smmooth transition.

inetcarp
Lone Rider

Post by inetcarp »

The new site is really nice. Im impressed that they took time over the holidays to get together and work on material...I sense the energy... I hope they post some soundbites from the studio to keep us rabid fans satiated on what the new lineup sounds like...change happens...Long Live Rock :)

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

Ehh... the new site is cool and all, but in all honesty it seems kind of unnecessary. (And no, I'm not just saying that because I'm dating the guy who runs this one.) The little updates are cool and all, but that's what Facebook and twitter are for. They don't need an entirely new website.

I mean, we got this website which has the forums, a ton of in-depth information about the members, discography, past shows, etc. plus up-to-date show listings and news, and now we got a new official site that has barely anything on it.

I think it's great that Justin wants to get involved and do something for the band's web presence, but it's stupid to have some glorified Twitter page undermine this website and all the work that's been put into it.

There doesn't need to be two websites any more than there would need to be two Facebook pages for them. If it were up to me, I'd just keep the soulasylum.com redirect for this page, and post the little updates on their facebook. Or, if there must be two sites, make the url for the new one soulasylum.tumbloggertwitspace/whateversitetheychoose.com, and have a link in the header to it. Does that make sense? It's 5 in the morning, so idk if that makes sense, but it does to me at least.

I think the idea behind the new site is cool, but the execution could've used more thought.

lampros
Caged Rat

Post by lampros »

I believe that an active website is absolutely necessary for a great band like SA. This website needs to be enriched (videos, photos etc). I am glad that the band seems to want to make a new start and I will give them my full support and my love!!!

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

2nd that. Not on twitter/FB, so this is good for me, and any real band should represent themselves anyway. Most if not all bands have their own site in addition to numerous well-executed fan sites. I don't see it as undermining but complementing - so far there's no redundancy between what they offer and what we have, and it doesn't look like there will be.

philgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philgar »

crawl wrote:Yaz, the voice of reason! Sometimes I should have an editor/filter.
isn't that what beer is for :D

Phil