Soul Asylum Fan Song Covers

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
TravisSaves
Social Butterfly

Re: Soul Asylum Fan Song Covers

Post by TravisSaves »

My band, We're All Just Passing Through, has started working on our cover of "Misery"!

Maybe we should get the email addresses of everyone working on a cover? Then we can easily stay in touch with each other without having to check these forums. Does that sound like a good idea to anyone else? If so, Monolith Maniac, is this something that can easily be done?

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

TravisSaves wrote:My band, We're All Just Passing Through, has started working on our cover of "Misery"!

Maybe we should get the email addresses of everyone working on a cover? Then we can easily stay in touch with each other without having to check these forums. Does that sound like a good idea to anyone else? If so, Monolith Maniac, is this something that can easily be done?
Probably the easiest way you can get in contact with other people without checking the forum all the time is to click the "Notify me when a reply is posted" check box located right under the "Options" where you post a message/reply. You'll get replies sent to your email you registered your account in (only in this thread though).

For those who want to contact others which are going to do a song, send a private message and get their email that way (unless you want to post your email on here and I can make a list of them in a single post).

Another suggestion sound better? :?
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

TravisSaves
Social Butterfly

Post by TravisSaves »

As long as nobody else is working on a cover of "Without A Trace," my band has decided to cover that song instead; it's sounding a lot better than "Misery."

LittleTooClean
Social Butterfly

Post by LittleTooClean »

So this is going to be part of a E.P. of cover songs called "Around The World The 80's Way" (all 80's covers)
I recorded this a few days ago and was able to put the Neutral Drop acoustic twist on the song but it still sounds like a Soul Asylum song. It's kind of a take on the Madison 1991 version and is my tip of the hat to Mr. Dan Murphy.

Every time I hear this song it makes me smile and I THANK Dan for that!!!

https://soundcloud.com/neutral-drop/neu ... op-cartoon

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

Monolith Maniac wrote: Probably the easiest way you can get in contact with other people without checking the forum all the time is to click the "Notify me when a reply is posted" check box located right under the "Options" where you post a message/reply. You'll get replies sent to your email you registered your account in (only in this thread though).
if doing this, you get notified of a reply to a thread you are watching, but you don't actually see what was posted in your email, you have to click on the link to see what someone has posted. Just wanted to mention that
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

madetobebroken
Stranger

Post by madetobebroken »

I can add a solo acoustic cover of "Never Really Been" to the project. Let me know if it is still a go, and, if so, where to send the recording.

reboog711
Social Butterfly

Post by reboog711 »

Probably the easiest way you can get in contact with other people without checking the forum all the time is to click the "Notify me when a reply is posted" check box located right under the "Options" where you post a message/reply. You'll get replies sent to your email you registered your account in (only in this thread though).
I still don't get email responses from this forum anymore. They stopped a while ago. I think I posted about it [was that in this thread?] . I have to come look manually.

I have a hard time finding a song I can sing w/o sounding like crap. Is Cartoon taken yet? Promises Broken a second choice.

TravisSaves
Social Butterfly

Post by TravisSaves »

Since my fingers are crossed that this project will happen, I went through the entire forum and wrote down everyone who expressed interest in recording a song. Here's what we have so far:

Travis Saves: Without A Trace
madetobebroken: Never Really Been
brodiewakefield: The Sun Maid
reboog711: Cartoon or Promises Broken
LittleTooClean: Cartoon?
philgar: (I bet I could convince Slobberbone to post them covering Cartoon)
Karlwerneth: (I'll get back to you on a song)

LittleTooClean
Social Butterfly

Post by LittleTooClean »

TravisSaves wrote:Since my fingers are crossed that this project will happen, I went through the entire forum and wrote down everyone who expressed interest in recording a song. Here's what we have so far:

Ya I'd like to include my version unless Phil can get Slobberbone..which would just be F'N cool!!
I also have a recording of "Passing Sad Daydream" I recorded when Karl passed away.

philgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philgar »

LittleTooClean wrote:
TravisSaves wrote:Since my fingers are crossed that this project will happen, I went through the entire forum and wrote down everyone who expressed interest in recording a song. Here's what we have so far:

Ya I'd like to include my version unless Phil can get Slobberbone..which would just be F'N cool!!
I also have a recording of "Passing Sad Daydream" I recorded when Karl passed away.
i'm sure i could post a youtube video or something on here, but unless there's something more "official", I don't think I'd bother asking them. There are many live versions of them playing the song to choose from.

Phil