CHECK IT OUT AWESOME NEW INTERVIEW WITH DAVE PIRNER FROM FRI

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
Comickoz
Brand New Shine

CHECK IT OUT AWESOME NEW INTERVIEW WITH DAVE PIRNER FROM FRI

Post by Comickoz »

Hey everyone, I run the podcasting site www.radiotitans.com and have tons of great interviews with rock stars, songwriters, authors, comedians and filmmakers under the show "Kozversations" there (The link to the show page is here, with 20 great interviews: http://radiotitans.com/shows/kozversations-2/

Last Friday, I had the great fortune to interview Dave Pirner for the show, and we had a great talk about touring with Everclear, how being a father has impacted his songwriting, about the way things have changed since Dan Murphy left, their new album and more. Go to the http://radiotitans.com/shows/kozversations-2/ showpage and find Dave as episode 20 and enjoy.

Also, you can hear an even longer interview with Dave from fall of 2012, about way more of his career, at this link to our station as well: http://radiotitans.com/shows/kozversations/
It's a link to season 1 shows of "Kozversations" and you'll find Dave's interview at Episode 27.

Matthew
Caged Rat

Re: CHECK IT OUT AWESOME NEW INTERVIEW WITH DAVE PIRNER FROM

Post by Matthew »

Thanks, for keeping us in the loop with Dave. He has such a talent for being nice

PAULY
Caged Rat

Post by PAULY »

Finally a interview with real questions and with somebody who actually knows some history on soul asylum . ..and no runaway train talk thank god ... Dave usually avoids talk on Dan but this interview was good and different and thanx much for posting ....and almost got threw it with out mentioning new Orleans lol

ArmyKat
Inmate

Post by ArmyKat »

Pauly, I had the same exact thoughts! :lol:

Comickoz, thanks for the link. It really was nice to hear some different topics of conversation with a little meat behind them.

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

I was happy to hear that Dave had nice things to say about Pittsburgh, since my family is from there.

nikkip
Social Butterfly

Post by nikkip »

This was one the most interesting interviews I have heard for awhile. So many are just the same handful of questions over and over.

Also Yay!!! Dave likes Pittsburgh :)

lampros
Caged Rat

Post by lampros »

16 songs recorded? That's certainly good news!!!

zhuzhuboyer
Brand New Shine

Post by zhuzhuboyer »

Just going to say this once. Dave Priner get off your lazy ass, give a shit, and actually sing what you've wrote. It is total b.s. to say in several interviews that you have "cassettes" of great music, but you don't know where they are. Are you serious? I have played and replayed your earlier music and I have to say Winona Ryder was right to scoop you up at THAT time like gelato from Europe. Since that time you bitch and bitch that you are held back, etc. Ever heard of YOUTube? Get it together. You are charismatic, have talent out of your butt, and instead mess up words to simple covers. Stop your shit and find yourself. Talent is a gift and you are choosing to waste it. WTH is wrong with you? Everyone has problems, struggles, etc. However, you my simple golden child have a gift you refuse to use. Stop hiding behind instruments and SING what you wrote. And don't say you can't remember. That's cop out, and you are too old for that. I saw yo9u years ago and was transfixed by your natural talent. Since then, all I've seen is a half hearted attempt at live shows., Either do your thing, or find something else. It is depressing to follow someone with such raw talent and see them WASTE it by forgetting lyrics. Stop your shit. You are too old for that excuse. Sing what you wrote. We'd like to hear it. BTW, talent is a gift and to waste it is a slap to those who wish they had it. And I loved your ironic Spaghettios t-shirt. Stop trying to blend in, and be yourself.

rthrbtrvln
Inmate

Post by rthrbtrvln »

zhuzhuboyer wrote:Just going to say this once. Dave Priner get off your lazy ass, give a shit, and actually sing what you've wrote. It is total b.s. to say in several interviews that you have "cassettes" of great music, but you don't know where they are. Are you serious? I have played and replayed your earlier music and I have to say Winona Ryder was right to scoop you up at THAT time like gelato from Europe. Since that time you bitch and bitch that you are held back, etc. Ever heard of YOUTube? Get it together. You are charismatic, have talent out of your butt, and instead mess up words to simple covers. Stop your shit and find yourself. Talent is a gift and you are choosing to waste it. WTH is wrong with you? Everyone has problems, struggles, etc. However, you my simple golden child have a gift you refuse to use. Stop hiding behind instruments and SING what you wrote. And don't say you can't remember. That's cop out, and you are too old for that. I saw yo9u years ago and was transfixed by your natural talent. Since then, all I've seen is a half hearted attempt at live shows., Either do your thing, or find something else. It is depressing to follow someone with such raw talent and see them WASTE it by forgetting lyrics. Stop your shit. You are too old for that excuse. Sing what you wrote. We'd like to hear it. BTW, talent is a gift and to waste it is a slap to those who wish they had it. And I loved your ironic Spaghettios t-shirt. Stop trying to blend in, and be yourself.
what?!? really? half hearted? have you seen them lately? they kicked ass on Friday at Tipitina's, and the previous five shows i've seen this year. dave's still got it! and Michael, Justin and Winston make him that much better.