New Songs (spoiler alert)

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
Matthew
Caged Rat

Re: New Songs (spoiler alert)

Post by Matthew »

I was out digging in the dirt listening to Golden Smog, weird tales.. don't forget about this one. shoot.

Atticusdog
Runaway

Post by Atticusdog »

oops
Last edited by Atticusdog on Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

I don't see that song anywhere when searching for Soul Asylum, alphabetically that song would be on page 1 under SA.

However I if search that site for Dave Pirner it shows up, on page 1, no music though

http://www.warnerchappell.com/composer- ... Y+%28CA%29
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

nikkip
Social Butterfly

Post by nikkip »

I like Goodbye Minneapolis, wonder if it's the same as Goodbye LA. Wouldn't mind seeing it on an album but might be on the site from long ago .

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

I like all the songs that are being mentioned as much as the next fan, but seeing as new SA songs don't come around anymore as often as they used to, I'd rather listen to a brand new song than to an old outtake that I already know by heart. So out of curiousity... wouldn't you all like an album that consists out of new songs or at least unknown songs?

nikkip
Social Butterfly

Post by nikkip »

There's a few old unreleased songs I would love seeing on an album. The bootlegs of Freak Accident are only so-so quality wise and if a song is on a new album it seems more likely it might make its way to a set list. Seems there's plenty of new material here to, so I think everyone could be happy. Also albums aren't only put out for the hardcore fans who look for videos are recordings of every new song as soon as it's played live. For most people, those songs are new even some very devoted multiple show-going fans aren't familiar with them.

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

^I get that, but I was directing my question to the people who know most of the outtakes well. I agree that Freak Accident is not the best quality, but that doesn't change the fact that some know the song very well and it's something I would not listen to as much as a new song because I overplayed that one quite a bit already over the years, so I'd rather have a new song that would sound fresh to my ears and not overplayed already. But that's just my two cents on it, and I was merely curious because some here say they want to see older songs.

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

Seems like the new-new material will be pretty good but I will definitely be playing (I'm still calling it) Hallowed Ground a lot, and if Direction or Freak Accident came out, I'd be playing their studio takes a ton too. It would be like night and day comparing them with audience recordings. Again, the thing with the last record is that there already were studio/official live takes of those songs. That doesn't appear to be the case with the upcoming record.

lirinha
Runaway

Post by lirinha »

Dear friends!
I found two more songs on the second page:
"Supersonic" and "The Common Man"! :)
\o/

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

I would personally love "official" versions of "Freak Accident" and "Directions."

"Freak Accident" was a quasi-regular setlist song back in 2001-2002. I was kind of surprised "Showtime" from that era didn't get more than a bonus track treatment. I think "Doomsday" is "Hallowed Ground" based on the recording I found on my computer from years ago. I also remember songs called "Hold it Down," "True Believer," "What's the Use," "Built to Last," and good old "Uber Computer." :D

Actually, I liked a number of those 2001-2002 era songs better than what ended up on "The Silver Lining" but oh well.