Tiny parts of songs that make all the difference

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Re: Tiny parts of songs that make all the difference

Post by lune ellise »

Homesick wrote:I can see the similarities, but I don't think that's Artificial Heart. If you're thinking about the scene where Karl cuts the girl up, check out the preview picture of the Artificial Heart video on the site; it looks different—more zoomed-in.
It's nice for Yahoo! Music to post SA videos but I somehow lost patience on its absence of rewind feature. :roll:

Anyway, I meant the girl in the TV who is crying, she looked like the girl crying in Artificial Heart.

Did you say there was scene where a guy cut someone up? I didn't see it...
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

lune ellise wrote:Did you say there was scene where a guy cut someone up? I didn't see it...
I was talking about the scene in Artificial Heart where the killer (played by Karl) cuts up the innocent girl. No murders taking place in Promises Broken as far as I know. :)
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

I mentioned Cradle Chain before, and I want to bring up another part of the song that I think deserves mention: the way Dave sings "chain". He doesn't just pronounce the word; he breaks it up in two, essentially spelling "chay-een".

For me, that pronunciation alone more or less makes the song. At the very least, it was what pulled me into it to begin with.
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

artis
Stranger

Post by artis »

The whole grind down ending of Heavy Rotation, with lumbering drums, and distorted guitar. Great effects.