His Holeyness

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
sheryl
Social Butterfly

Re: His Holeyness

Post by sheryl »

The woman with the big ass hedge clippers is Karen, yes. Please note who's doing the yard work, and who's holding the baby? ;)

I have no idea who the blond lady is.

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

CrazyLittleWoman wrote: Hey, Tweedly Dee, remember our speculation that someone connected to the band might read the board sometimes? Do you think the other guys in the band ever read the kinds of comments we make in this thread and silently grouse to themselves, "Fucking Dave. How come no one ever writes stuff like that about me?" ;)
Yeah I have thought that.. Silently cursing themselves for not being the lead singer, since the lead singer ends up being the main focal point. We do gush over Dave quite a bit, but all in all I tend to think that they all are hot in there own way..Dan and George are both totally cute...I do find the way Dan jams on his guitar as totally hot. Tommy and his bouncing around and kicks are hot...And last but not least Michael Bland is cute in that big teddy bear way..
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

hah i think of that stuff too, i bet they're used to it after all these years. i think if it was me i'd try really hard to avoid reading these kind of sites but i'd be tempted...

glad you liked the videos, i was thrilled to find them on there...
i hope whoever it is will post the rest, i was reallllly wanting to see them singing their newer songs that i'm now suddenly into after hearing them at that show for the first time.

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

zany wrote:hah i think of that stuff too, i bet they're used to it after all these years. i think if it was me i'd try really hard to avoid reading these kind of sites but i'd be tempted...
That's what I think, too. I mean, if I were in a band, I wouldn't want to read things like "Jeez, her ass is even bigger than last time she played Detroit. With all that money she makes, you'd think she'd hire a personal trainer." And you know people would write stuff like that.

But I know some local musicians and they all said that if there were fan sites for their respective bands, they'd definitely read them. That totally freaked me out, because I'd prefer to think that the band need never know about all my girly gushing. :oops:
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

yeah maybe they do read this (if so... HELLLLOOOO)
heck - they deserve to know about our crushes ... i don't mind!

ok so i think it's been 2 weeks since i saw them live and had my crush from when i was 12 rejuvinated....
i think i'm finally feeling more normal about it. i haven't listened to any of their music in.... 2 days now.
although i have been posting on here. but whatever - trust me it's an improvement.
at first i kept telling all my friends about the show kind of hoping to find somebody that was jealous and would reveal they also had a secret crush... but at least i found you all online so i don't feel as crazy.
although i have to admit i'm not specifically obsessed w/ the jeans, or the holes. the hair maybe 8-)

Sónia
Marionette

Post by Sónia »

zany wrote:yeah maybe they do read this (if so... HELLLLOOOO)
heck - they deserve to know about our crushes ... i don't mind!
I don't think Dave read this ... He's not a Internet man.
Last edited by Sónia on Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

p.s. i totally disagree with whoever posted that dave looks similar to kevin bacon (no way)
BUT does anybody else think he looks similar to Kiefer Sutherland (who i think is the hottest actor ever and i bet his voice would sound pretty good if he sang...)

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm836082432/nm0000662

Sónia
Marionette

Post by Sónia »

zany wrote:p.s. i totally disagree with whoever posted that dave looks similar to kevin bacon (no way)
BUT does anybody else think he looks similar to Kiefer Sutherland (who i think is the hottest actor ever and i bet his voice would sound pretty good if he sang...)

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm836082432/nm0000662
I think so. Especially when they were younger.

http://www.bigtakeover.com/images/526.jpg

http://www.kiefer-rocks.com/photos/large_early/43.jpg

http://www.elisanet.fi/marit.ramstedt/i ... ng_001.jpg

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

awesome! i knew i wasn't crazy.

stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

Post by stuck_in_the_90s »

philipgar wrote: Dave should ask Gary about getting some rivets for his jeans...

Phil
I second that notion, whoever Gary is!!!!