His Holeyness

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Re: His Holeyness

Post by no1rockfan »

zany wrote:this is definitely my favorite thread on here :) it's the one that made me register so i could post.
I'm so glad you did, although I still see Dave more like Kevin Bacon.

Anyhow, I'm glad this thread is on here. Many of these feelings needed to be shared and just said.

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

zany wrote:this is definitely my favorite thread on here :) it's the one that made me register so i could post.
In that case, we should start putting up banners all over the web: "Register at EnterTheSoulAsylum to discuss the holes in Dave Pirner's jeans!" That could really draw in a crowd, it seems. ;)
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

Homesick wrote:
In that case, we should start putting up banners all over the web: "Register at EnterTheSoulAsylum to discuss the holes in Dave Pirner's jeans!" That could really draw in a crowd, it seems. ;)
Hey whatever works ! ! HaHa
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

Homesick wrote:
:lol:

Thanks, zany and no1rockfan. I'm glad you all seem to like this thread so much.

The weird thing is that immediately after I submitted my original post, I thought, "I shouldn't have done that. What if no one realizes I'm joking around? Everyone is going to think it's stupid and that I'm a complete idiot -- not to mention a silly, gushy fool." I'm so relieved that instead you all just jumped on and ran away with it. This thread really has taken on a life of its own.

It does seem to sort of weird out the guys, though. Hmm.
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

oh.. well even though the topic is about holes, i mentioned that i never really thought much about the holes. but it's just a good forum to vent about my crush from when i was 12 that came back when i saw him at the show i went to recently.
but hearing about the hole fascination has been interesting too!

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

zany wrote:oh.. well even though the topic is about holes, i mentioned that i never really thought much about the holes. but it's just a good forum to vent about my crush from when i was 12 that came back when i saw him at the show i went to recently.
but hearing about the hole fascination has been interesting too!
It's okay. I meant the title "His Holeyness" to refer to Dave in general, not just to the aforementioned jeans. We do talk about the holey jeans a lot, but this is mostly just a place to crush on Dave in any manner you choose. :)
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

super! i agree. ahh crushes make me feel like a kid again.

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

CrazyLittleWoman wrote:
The weird thing is that immediately after I submitted my original post, I thought, "I shouldn't have done that. What if no one realizes I'm joking around? Everyone is going to think it's stupid and that I'm a complete idiot -- not to mention a silly, gushy fool."
Wait. . . Who said we don't think that? ;)

Phil

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

philipgar wrote:
CrazyLittleWoman wrote:
The weird thing is that immediately after I submitted my original post, I thought, "I shouldn't have done that. What if no one realizes I'm joking around? Everyone is going to think it's stupid and that I'm a complete idiot -- not to mention a silly, gushy fool."
Wait. . . Who said we don't think that? ;)

Phil
Touche! :oops: (Can't get my keyboard to add in the accent mark, but you get the point.)

Still, does no one remember my ten-page dissertation analyzing the lyrics of We 3, The Game, and Lately that also contrasted the studio cuts with live recordings of the first two songs? I can write about the music, too. :P

Although that doesn't really mean I don't still seem like an idiot. Hmm... :(

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

i think you're wise, and i didn't even read that music analysis post you mentioned.

except for that kevin bacon comparison. but it's forgiveable!