His Holeyness

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Re: His Holeyness

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

Thanks for posting that. A good article overall. But Runaway Train is a love song? Even I wouldn't make that argument.
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

Sónia
Marionette

Post by Sónia »

CrazyLittleWoman wrote:Thanks for posting that. A good article overall. But Runaway Train is a love song? Even I wouldn't make that argument.
Definitely Runaway Train isn't a love song.

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

since somebody posted that ultra sweet picture of eli, i figured we needed a well rounded perspective ;)

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z110 ... nd028a.jpg

six seconds later he sprayed me in the nose.

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

sheryl wrote:since somebody posted that ultra sweet picture of eli, i figured we needed a well rounded perspective ;)

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z110 ... nd028a.jpg

six seconds later he sprayed me in the nose.
Great picture! Looks like Dad's the one who taught Eli how to comb his hair. ;)
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

stuck_in_the_90s wrote:Yeah, I noticed that. I saw the His Holeyness Thread and now I am forever scarred with that picture. I don't want to look at a hole in a man's jeans that is thirty years older than me! Although I did have a little fun sending that thread to one of my friends.
Sorry. Didn't mean to scar you for life.

The hole in that picture is actually pretty tame compared to the one I saw at a show in June. At the KC Ribfest show, Dave was wearing jeans with nearly the entire crotch ripped out of them. I was at the front rail, so I would have gotten a pretty good look if I hadn't been so surprised and shocked that I immediately looked away! :o

I understand how you feel, but keep in mind, he's not thirty years older than me. He's just a year younger than I am. So, according to a 24-year-old co-worker, this is perfectly respectable for me.

stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

Post by stuck_in_the_90s »

CrazyLittleWoman wrote:
stuck_in_the_90s wrote:Yeah, I noticed that. I saw the His Holeyness Thread and now I am forever scarred with that picture. I don't want to look at a hole in a man's jeans that is thirty years older than me! Although I did have a little fun sending that thread to one of my friends.

The hole in that picture is actually pretty tame compared to the one I saw at a show in June. At the KC Ribfest show, Dave was wearing jeans with nearly the entire crotch ripped out of them. I was at the front rail, so I would have gotten a pretty good look if I hadn't been so surprised and shocked that I immediately looked away! :o

I understand how you feel, but keep in mind, he's not thirty years older than me. He's just a year younger than I am. So, according to a 24-year-old co-worker, this is perfectly respectable for me.
I actually saw this thread before I ever got the courage to sign up on this site because I was curious as to why holiness was spelled incorrectly. I actually started laughing at it, not to offend anyone, but it is kind of funny. I'll probably see worse in years to come, just don't post some picture of Dave in his underwear without warning me first. Not that you'll be able to get a picture like that, but remember I am only fourteen. I need warnings, just like the very few guys that have had the courage to post anything in this thread.

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

stuck_in_the_90s wrote:I actually saw this thread before I ever got the courage to sign up on this site because I was curious as to why holiness was spelled incorrectly. I actually started laughing at it, not to offend anyone, but it is kind of funny. I'll probably see worse in years to come, just don't post some picture of Dave in his underwear without warning me first. Not that you'll be able to get a picture like that, but remember I am only fourteen. I need warnings, just like the very few guys that have had the courage to post anything in this thread.
Can't speak for everyone, but I'm not offended. It's supposed to be funny, especially my initial post. And it's just supposed to be silly fun and a good place to enjoy laughing about Dave's exhibitionism and just generally crushing a little bit on Dave.

I didn't post any of the pictures, although I do enjoy them. Those were from some of the other people who post in this thread. I only posted a link to the April Fool live footage because we talked about it and Tweedly Dee said she'd never seen it.

Now I've always thought my initial post was warning enough of the silliness that follows, but clearly it's "viewer, beware." ;)

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

stuck_in_the_90s wrote:
CrazyLittleWoman wrote:

I actually saw this thread before I ever got the courage to sign up on this site because I was curious as to why holiness was spelled incorrectly. I actually started laughing at it, not to offend anyone, but it is kind of funny. I'll probably see worse in years to come, just don't post some picture of Dave in his underwear without warning me first. Not that you'll be able to get a picture like that, but remember I am only fourteen. I need warnings, just like the very few guys that have had the courage to post anything in this thread.
Don't count on nobody being in a position to get a shot of him in his underwear. Just recently I've had a close family member get just that opportunity (that she chose to ignore. what a time to remember your manners!!) and also the opportunity for a shot of considerably less clothing that i chose to ignore for fear of getting a major punch in the eye.
but you should know....
nothing is really out of the question and you should probably proceed with caution ;)

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

Thanks for the photo - they look cute together. But, you gotta LOVE the shoes!!! I WANT ONE! :D
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

sheryl wrote:
stuck_in_the_90s wrote:
CrazyLittleWoman wrote: Don't count on nobody being in a position to get a shot of him in his underwear. Just recently I've had a close family member get just that opportunity (that she chose to ignore. what a time to remember your manners!!) and also the opportunity for a shot of considerably less clothing that i chose to ignore for fear of getting a major punch in the eye.
but you should know....
nothing is really out of the question and you should probably proceed with caution ;)
Actually, Dave's been known to moon people as well, in public, sometimes on stage.