His Holeyness

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

Re: His Holeyness

Post by stuck_in_the_90s »

You guys make me feel so much better. I think that I'll stop reading this thread, or I could take a chance and hope that at least one of you would warn me about it. This is hard not to read, though, because it is funny and Dave is as hot as someone thirty years older than me can be considered in my eyes(much less creepy than everyone in Fastball and Tony Scalzo is thirty years older than me, too.). I can honestly tell you that I don't have any attraction to him and don't dream of him, although I have dreamed of meeting him. Then I go off and make a band or erase an entire cd of Pearl Jam songs(the second dream I really don't get. especially not when the class sinks the rocket ship and it's considered a success).

Sónia
Marionette

Post by Sónia »

Twiddly Dee wrote:
Sónia wrote:

I like his eyes too.

An old photo of Dave with little Elijah. It´s very sweet!

http://www.hughcornwell.com/day6.htm
Awww that is a very cute pic of him and his son...

I too like his eyes...specially when he looks out at the audience...you can tell how much he his enjoying himself up on stage. He definantly can smile with his eyes.
Anyone knows if the women in the left photo is Eli´s mother?

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

sheryl wrote:since somebody posted that ultra sweet picture of eli, i figured we needed a well rounded perspective ;)

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z110 ... nd028a.jpg

six seconds later he sprayed me in the nose.

That is such an adorable picture....knowing that he shot you in the nose afterwards makes it even alittle cuter. Boys will be boys. Even though his dad may be teaching him how to comb his hair at least his momma is helping him keep it washed! haha
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

Twiddly Dee wrote:That is such an adorable picture....knowing that he shot you in the nose afterwards makes it even alittle cuter. Boys will be boys. Even though his dad may be teaching him how to comb his hair at least his momma is helping him keep it washed! haha
:lol:
stuck_in_the_90s wrote:I think I'll stop reading this thread, or I could take a chance and hope that at least one of you would warn me about it.
GraveDancer warned us by putting the caption "No good can come of this picture" above the photo. If I ever post a revealing photo, I'll be sure to add a caption like that so you can hide your eyes, Nicole. Promise! ;)
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

Post by stuck_in_the_90s »

CrazyLittleWoman wrote:
stuck_in_the_90s wrote:I think I'll stop reading this thread, or I could take a chance and hope that at least one of you would warn me about it.
GraveDancer warned us by putting the caption "No good can come of this picture" above the photo. If I ever post a revealing photo, I'll be sure to add a caption like that so you can hide your eyes, Nicole. Promise! ;)
Thanks so much! I feel much safer now, well as much as I can be talking on the internet.

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

Sónia wrote: Anyone knows if the women in the left photo is Eli´s mother?

I need verification from Sheryl, but I believe the blonde in this pic is Karen.

EDIT: Sheryl said this was not Karen, so I took the pic down. Maybe the blonde was a radio person or a reporter or something.
Last edited by no1rockfan on Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

you guys (or should i say gals) made me feel so much better. (THANKS)
so nice to know i'm not the only one thinking these thoughts!!!
i was sooo happy the other day when i found some really good quality videos from the show i was just at so i can watch him some more...
thought i'd share the links -it's one of the more recent videos around plus you there's a high-quality version PLUS his hair is long again and in my opinion the best ever. enjoy

part 1 (10 mins)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3upDVAW ... re=related
part 2 (10 mins)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gv-gz8P ... re=related

p.s. is it creepy that i think he looks even more amazing now than 15 yrs ago when he was only couple yrs older than i am now(27)?

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

zany wrote:you guys (or should i say gals) made me feel so much better. (THANKS)
i was sooo happy the other day when i found some really good quality videos from the show i was just at so i can watch him some more...
thought i'd share the links -it's one of the more recent videos around plus you there's a high-quality version PLUS his hair is long again and in my opinion the best ever. enjoy

part 1 (10 mins)
part 2 (10 mins)

p.s. is it creepy that i think he looks even more amazing now than 15 yrs ago when he was only couple yrs older than i am now(27)?
Thanks for sharing your great videos....his hair has got a bit longer since I seen them in July( I love long hair on guys). Its got me yearning to see them again!

And as for those little thoughts you've been thinking..yeah there are quite a few of us ladies here thinking the same thing! But how can we not with such hot guys in the band..Seriously Dave, Dan...Mmmm MMmmmm Welcome to the thread!!

OH and P.S. .. Us ladies are trying to keep these little thoughts contained in one thread just for the sake of the fellas and out of respect, Who Im sure they are tired of reading about are raging hormones! And Im sure Im not the only one but I really feel that this is a good thread...It lets us vent!
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

ok i'll try to keep all these topics in here an not let them overflow into the other threads :)

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

zany wrote:you guys (or should i say gals) made me feel so much better. (THANKS)

part 1 (10 mins)
part 2 (10 mins)

Welcome!

Thanks for the videos. They're great. I'm suffering severe show withdrawal right now, so this was a great tide-me-over fix!

And, no, it's not creepy that you thinks he's better-looking now. Lots of the women here think that. (Then again, some of us like the look of him at every age. )
Tweedly Dee wrote:Thanks for sharing your great videos....his hair has got a bit longer since I seen them in July( I love long hair on guys). Its got me yearning to see them again!

And as for those little thoughts you've been thinking..yeah there are quite a few of us ladies here thinking the same thing! But how can we not with such hot guys in the band..Seriously Dave, Dan...Mmmm MMmmmm Welcome to the thread!!

OH and P.S. .. Us ladies are trying to keep these little thoughts contained in one thread just for the sake of the fellas and out of respect, Who Im sure they are tired of reading about are raging hormones! And Im sure Im not the only one but I really feel that this is a good thread...It lets us vent!
Loving the longer hair. Looks like Dave enjoys his longer hair, too. It seems like he was flinging his hair around more at this show than in the two I saw earlier this summer. (Oh, I forgot that he was headbanging so hard at KC Ribfest that he kept sending his sunglasses flying off his face!)

Dave, Dan . . . and I think George is cute, too, in a low-key way. I haven't mentioned it before, because, like Tweedly Dee, I think the guys here may be finding the ongoing expression of all this raw female desire a bit much. We keep it contained here as much as possible so the guys can proceed at their own risk. :)

Hey, Tweedly Dee, remember our speculation that someone connected to the band might read the board sometimes? Do you think the other guys in the band ever read the kinds of comments we make in this thread and silently grouse to themselves, "Fucking Dave. How come no one ever writes stuff like that about me?" ;)
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)