Odd Dreams about Dave & the band

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
GraveDancer
Runaway

Odd Dreams about Dave & the band

Post by GraveDancer »

Hi all! For the last week or two I've been having really odd dreams about Dave Pirner. Not sure why. Most recently, I dreamt I was on a reality show with Dave and the Rock Dwayne Johnson (wrestler/actor)
Dave was obsessed with becoming a pro wrestler and at one point was wearing Gene Simmons make up in the ring.

I remember trying to talk to him about the band and music and he wanted no part of music talk.

Another dream I had was Soul Asylum was playing in a parking garage
and I kept trying to follow the sound. Never being able to find the stage.

What does this mean? Im a completely crazy? What the heck???

:oops:

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Re: Odd Dreams about Dave & the band

Post by Twiddly Dee »

WOW...isn't it amazing what our brain can come up with when we are dreaming! I don't know what the wrestling part could mean. But lets just hope Dave doesn't quit his day job! As for the part about not being able to find the stage, whens the last time you went to one of their concerts? Maybe it has something to do with that, you really wanting to see them and not being able to go.
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

OOOH! Can you make this as a game? 8-)
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

Crazy? Perhaps—but read this old thread and at least you'll know you're not alone! ;)

(I'm the user reverendduck, by the way, and I'm pretty sure some or all of the others who posted in that thread are registered at this forum as well.)
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

Wow, and I thought my celebrity dreams were weird. One time I had a dream where actor Edward Norton (Fight Club, American History X) was in my kitchen wearing old lady clothes. So yeah... I guess I'm crazy too.

Anyway...

Last night I had a dream where Dave was my creative writing teacher. Don't remember much else except that he let me call him Dave instead of Mr. Pirner.

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

Weirdly, Dave seemed to be kind of a stand in for something in a dream a few weeks ago. Almost a funky precognitive sort of deal, or a coincidence, who knows? I dreamed we were driving in the quarter and saw him sitting on the steps of a bar with the police trying to run him off. We stopped and he said somebody had drugged his drink and he needed a ride home. Very odd, in the dream I told him I didn't know where he lived, and he said it didn't matter because it would show up when it was supposed to. He also said we had to avoid the park because the darkness in there was alive and evil. The police were saying that unless we went through the park they were going to arrest him.
I woke up thinking how weird that was and wonering what it was all about.

That night we went down to the quarter and late in the night we noticed our friend Mike, also a guitar player, who should have been playing at the time, sitting on the steps to the stage looking strange. We asked him if he was ok and he said he needed a ride home. Then he went outside. When we went out to see when he wanted to leave, he was sitting on the sidewalk and the police were threatenting to arrest him, he was saying somebody drugged his drink, and we told them we'd take him home. Now, where I do know where Dave lives, making my comment in that dream really weird, I had no idea where Michael lived, and I said to him "I don't know where you live, Mike." He said, and I quote; "That doesn't matter just take me home."
The car was a few blocks down the street and he was having trouble both walking and seeing straight, and he said he couldn't walk to the car because "it was too far and it was too dark" and the police said to us that if we didn't get him to the car they were taking him.
And we did manage to find where he lived, as well.

So.....do with that what you will. It was crazy weird. One musician standing in for another in my head?

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

I had a dream once where Dave, Dan, Karl, my mom, one or two of my friends, and I were all CTU agents on 24. My guess is that it was after I was watching 24.

I've had a few dreams where I'm going to a SA show and/or dragging my family members to a show, only to wake up right when the concert starts. :(

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

So last night I had a dream that me and Laura (Crazylittlewomen) were getting ready to go to a Soul Asylum concert and Dave was there and some of the rest of the band...can't remember who now. I hope this is a good sign because the last time I had a dream about going to a concert Jim posted the info about the St. Louis gig the next day! I'm not gonna get my hopes up though..us fans in Kansas have been very blessed with concerts this year..so I can't complain..but I wouldn't complain if they came back so soon either! The Traveling Sisterhood of the Holey Jeans is always happy to go to a concert!

Rusty

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

i hope your dream is a good omen too - i noticed i've been excited to scroll down and see if this site has listed any more concert dates whenever i go to this site first time of the day. the list is getting short!

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

zany wrote:i hope your dream is a good omen too - i noticed i've been excited to scroll down and see if this site has listed any more concert dates whenever i go to this site first time of the day. the list is getting short!
Yeah it is..gettin real short. I'm hoping the rumors are all true about the writing and that it results in a new cd!! Which result in more tour dates!!! LOL