What is your favorite Soul Asylum cover art?

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.

What is your favorite Soul Asylum cover art?

And the Horse They Rode In On
13%
Candy From A Stranger
10%
Clam Dip & Other Delights
18%
Grave Dancers Union
18%
Hang Time
5%
Let Your Dim Light Shine
20%
Made To Be Broken
3%
Say What You Will, Clarence... Karl Sold the Truck
5%
The Silver Lining
5%
Time's Incinerator
No votes
While You Were Out
5%

Total votes: 40

samtheslug
Runaway

Re: What is your favorite Soul Asylum cover art?

Post by samtheslug »

I voted for 'Say What You Will.....'.

spodiba
Social Butterfly

Favorite SA album cover

Post by spodiba »

Inspired by all this talk about the site's logo, I decided to open a topic (my first one :) ) about your favorite album covers. I searched the forum, and there seems to be no such topic. If there is, please let me know.

So, what is your favorite SA album cover, and why?

Mine is Horse. I mean, just look at it, who wouldn't love it! My mom loves it! It's so simple - depicting just the four of them and a horse, and there's the title of course. I love it because of it's simplicity, the white background, and it's the first album by any artist that made me laugh when I saw it. Actually it made all of my firends laugh when they saw it, it's just so perfect and simple, it tells you everything you need to. You have the title and the actual picture of the name of the album, I think that's what makes me laugh the most. And as we all know, best things in life are actully pretty simple and this cover is a perfect example (jeez, I'm starting to sound poetic)

So, what about you?

Homesick
Warden

Re: Favorite SA album cover

Post by Homesick »

Sorry to spoil you fun, but there is in fact a thread like this: http://www.enterthesoulasylum.com/forum ... ?f=1&t=397. Don't feel bad for starting this one, though; the forum search is notoriously bad at finding stuff.

I'll simply merge your new thread with the old one so we can have all the poll results in the same place. Be sure to cast your vote again!
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

spodiba
Social Butterfly

Post by spodiba »

What!?! Oh, come on! :(
OK, I'll vote again
Stupid search

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Re: Favorite SA album cover

Post by philipgar »

spodiba wrote:Inspired by all this talk about the site's logo, I decided to open a topic (my first one :) ) about your favorite album covers. I searched the forum, and there seems to be no such topic. If there is, please let me know.

So, what is your favorite SA album cover, and why?

Mine is Horse. I mean, just look at it, who wouldn't love it! My mom loves it! It's so simple - depicting just the four of them and a horse, and there's the title of course. I love it because of it's simplicity, the white background, and it's the first album by any artist that made me laugh when I saw it. Actually it made all of my firends laugh when they saw it, it's just so perfect and simple, it tells you everything you need to. You have the title and the actual picture of the name of the album, I think that's what makes me laugh the most. And as we all know, best things in life are actully pretty simple and this cover is a perfect example (jeez, I'm starting to sound poetic)

So, what about you?
The best part about the and the horse they rode in on cover is the numerous versions they made. I still need to collect them all, as I only have it on CD (on which Dave wrote all over with "Horse my ass" and a big circle around the mule) which has the mule on it. The vinyl has an actual horse, and I think the cassette had a sawhorse on it. Quite classic. On top of that were promo posters, one with the band standing next to a motorcycle, and another where they're standing next to a duck.

phil

spodiba
Social Butterfly

Post by spodiba »

:lol: haha, horse my ass!
Yes, yes, yes, the one with a duck! I know! :lol:

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

wow, i'm surprised i never posted in here before.
my favorite cover is Horse because it's the only one with a picture of dave on it ;)

EL DANGEROSO
Social Butterfly

Post by EL DANGEROSO »

why isnt there any singles cover art how about the single to without a trace picture of dan. and dave is playing guitar on the floor. any other singles art anyone else likes.

triumph3434
Social Butterfly

Post by triumph3434 »

I never noticed the Statue in Candy. What is its signifigance? Obviously they took it with them to shows as its behiend Karl in that Pic. Whats up with it?

Judgmental Patient
Social Butterfly

Post by Judgmental Patient »

It's gotta be Grave Dancer's Union, even though it's not original. What a great cover. Proof that my wife is awesome, she didn't even try to argue when I told her the 24"x36" rendering was going above the fireplace :D

Honorable mentions go to Hang Time, which is a reallly cool image, and Say What You Will, which is hilarious.

I would give best booklet to Clam Dip, because, well, if you've read it, that needs no explanation. HM there would go to CFAS, solely for the trophy.
What happened son, you could have been someone
You could have been much more