guitar tabs

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
soulasylum99
Marionette

tabs

Post by soulasylum99 »

hi everyone

i was thinking about adding the guitar tabs for the songs in the new website.. i can tab myself some songs but I need some help, anyone likes my idea??

g8trcarol
Caged Rat

Post by g8trcarol »

Despite my woeful lack of playing skills, I think it's a good idea. How about hearing from those who have actual skills?

Peace,
Carol

soulasylum99
Marionette

guitar tabs

Post by soulasylum99 »

hey

I have proposed this another time and I got not many answers...I think it will be great to add tabs to the enterthesoulasylum...I can tab them myself but Ill need some help...

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Re: guitar tabs

Post by Monolith Maniac »

soulasylum99 wrote:hey

I have proposed this another time and I got not many answers...I think it will be great to add tabs to the enterthesoulasylum...I can tab them myself but Ill need some help...
While additional information such as guitar tabs may be a nice addition to the site, I think a section like this comes down to, "Is there a great demand for guitar tabs that would make it a worthwhile/beneficial addition to the site". This necessarily wouldn't be a quick and easy task to accomplish. I wouldn't want people to put all their time and effort into something that would go "overlooked" on the site.

Judging by the few number of replies last time the question was asked, I'm not sure if many members would find much of an interest in it (unless the topic was overlooked the last time). We do have more members than when you had originally asked, so the demand may increase.

I'm definitely not saying it is a bad idea, but Jakob and I would at least like to know if there is large demand that would warrant such a section in the future.

Note: I merged the new guitar tab topic with the old one (so all guitar tab posts are in this topic).
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

An awful lot of SA songs are already tabbed out on various internet sites. I probably still have the best of them bookmarked, as I used them a lot a couple of years ago.

It would be easy to just grab the tabs and stick them on the site....no real need for anyone to tab them out themselves.

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

Oh yes! I would totally go for this idea! Thanks for bringing this up, soulasylum99.
sheryl wrote:It would be easy to just grab the tabs and stick them on the site....no real need for anyone to tab them out themselves.
I think this is a good idea. Kind of like the SA music videos where they are just linked (or embed) from the original.

However, if links would over-clutter the site (and too much links does turn me off sometimes), I think user tabs would be appropriate, since copy-pasting the tabs might need permission from the sources... I'm not too sure how these works anyway - just suggesting :)
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

erocmann
Inmate

Post by erocmann »

I for one would love a guitar tabs section on this site...even if it's a set of links to other sites. I have a few bookmarked sites that have some good tabs, but they also have others that aren't so good. It would make sense that the best SA fan site would have the best, most complete set of guitar tabs.

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

I guess there's a lot to be taken into consideration before such an addition to the site could be implemented.

The faithful webmasters of EnterTheSoulAsylum have done a fantastic job on this site. They have already put countless thousands of hours into building this site, and I know that more is coming, so their plates are pretty full as it is. Keep in mind that this site is a labor of love for them, and it's all done on a volunteer basis so any major addition to the site needs to be of value to enough users to warrent the effort that it would take to accomplish it.

Perhaps those of you who have already found links for tabs could paste your links in this thread?
Then the thread could be "stickied" for easy access, thus, entire new pages to the site would not be needed at all, Or at least the webmasters will be able to gauge just how much traffic the tabs really generate, so they could better decide if a tabs section is really worthy of the time that they would need to invest in it's addition?

dells
Last edited by dells on Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

Well put Dells! I like your idea of people just posting links for tabs. Not only is it a simple solution, it's the best way to gauge people's interest in tabs, and a great way to share sites each knows of with all fellow fans.

Because our webmasters are already doing so much, and as dells already put it, this is a labor of love, let us fans get the ball rolling and then see where it goes and how fast it moves. ;)

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

good idea dells. another cool thing is if people only post links to tabs they've tried out and think are good. or post the link with some kind of a review of the link.

or buy the songbooks!
http://www.google.com/products?q=soul+asylum+songbook

darn i gotta learn me some guitar :)