"Old" songs during concerts.

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Re: "Old" songs during concerts.

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

My guess is that for this specific tour, they only have time for about 6 or 7 songs, and are targeting casual fans.

I have been to shows in the last year or so where the band has played pre-GDU songs.

EyeSeeYou
Caged Rat

Post by EyeSeeYou »

As Mystic Spiral already stated, Soul Asylum are guests on this tour and they get to play a short set. Otherwise, they'd be playing songs such as Never Really Been, or Cartoon as well.

If I were you, I'd go and see them live, nontheless. Besides, there's also Collective Soul in there! The two "Souls" are favorites of mine!

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

Yeah, headlining, they regularly played Spinnin', Something Out Of Nothing, Made to be Broken, and Marionette last year. A few years back Little Too Clean was a setlist regular. Dave has even made comments to the effect of the old songs finally sound like he has wanted them to sound.

They also had a new album to promote last year, so that took up a chunk of the setlist as well.

NRB pops up from time to time, but I'm pretty sure they haven't played Cartoon since Dan left the band....

OneLovedBand
Social Butterfly

Post by OneLovedBand »

I wonder if Soul Asylum will include some "new" old songs into the setlist of their headlining shows with the rerelease of their first two records.