Paul Pirner

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
triumph3434
Social Butterfly

Paul Pirner

Post by triumph3434 »

clammers
Social Butterfly

Re: Paul Pirner

Post by clammers »

Dave's brother
"...and who is the hound at the downtown dog pound who speaks english when the watchman's not in sight?"

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

They look so much alike. I wonder if their sister looks like them? ;)

He has a really good band...or at least he did last year. I kept meaning to send for their cd, never did do it.

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

Paul is Dave's brother. Not too shocking, there, as Paul bears a striking resemblance to Dave. His band, Mosquito Ranch, opened for Soul Asylum at the Glukes show. I enjoyed their set.

Oops, I got distracted before hitting "submit" on my post, So other peeps beat me with the info.

I got my tickets to the Glukes show by emailing Paul and making arrangements with him for their purchase. Their sister Lucy had my tickets for me at the door when I arrived. Lucy is also blonde, and does have that destictive Pirner look. If I remember correctly, I think they all resemble their mother. Sadly, the computer with my Pics from the Glukes show wont boot up so I can't check my pic of Mr & Mrs. Pirner to confirm which parent stamped their children with their distinctive looks.

dells

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

"Mosquito Ranch" opened for that Glueks show Dells? Hmmm, guess I didn't get there early enough for that (as I certainly do not remember them playing that night)!

The opening act I do remember seeing that night was Kraig Johnson and the Program, and one of the few KJJP shows that featured none other than Gary Louris as a band member for almost their entire set! I remember it was a 4 piece band that night for "The Program" - KJ, GL, Pete Anderson on drums then either Perlmam or Boquist playing bass.

Oh, Paul's current band is the 757's
http://www.myspace.com/the757s
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

Wasn't there another band he was in? I keep thinking "white" something...

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

norma023 wrote:"Mosquito Ranch" opened for that Glueks show Dells? Hmmm, guess I didn't get there early enough for that (as I certainly do not remember them playing that night)!

The opening act I do remember seeing that night was Kraig Johnson and the Program, and one of the few KJJP shows that featured none other than Gary Louris as a band member for almost their entire set! I remember it was a 4 piece band that night for "The Program" - KJ, GL, Pete Anderson on drums then either Perlmam or Boquist playing bass.

Oh, Paul's current band is the 757's
http://www.myspace.com/the757s
Yes, Todd, they did play. If you missed Paul's band, then you also missed a cool 1-man purcussion act (I think he called himself Dash) Very interesting performance. The phrase "You snooze, you lose" comes to mind ;)

dells

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

sheryl wrote:Wasn't there another band he was in? I keep thinking "white" something...
i thought it was something like whitehouse or something like that. But i definitely know what you're thinking of.

phil

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

philipgar wrote:
sheryl wrote:Wasn't there another band he was in? I keep thinking "white" something...
i thought it was something like whitehouse or something like that. But i definitely know what you're thinking of.

phil
white horse maybe?

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

It's Big White House. You can find them on myspace.

I saw the 757s play last year at the Fineline. They were actually giving away copies of their cd for free at the show. Go figure. Anyway, really good band. Paul has a lot of the same mannerisms of Dave when he plays.

Tracy
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.