Chords to "I should have stayed in bed all day"

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
triumph3434
Social Butterfly

Chords to "I should have stayed in bed all day"

Post by triumph3434 »

Did I ask this before? I cant remember. Anyways, anyone got the Chords to this song, or the Tab even? I cant find it online. Anyone got a good ear? Can they figure it out?

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Re: Chords to "I should have stayed in bed all day"

Post by sheryl »

Is that the actual title of that song? Has it ever been listed officially by title? For that matter, now that I think of it, has it ever appeared anywhere other than that muchmusic show? I seem to remember having found it tabbed out somewhere, but it was called something else and the person stated right out that they didn't know the name of the song. I don't remember what they called it. I'll look through my old files and see if I saved it.

If you can't find it,whoever tabbed out "closer to the stars" by ear and got that first chord right would be your go to guy to tab out this one.

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

sheryl wrote:Is that the actual title of that song? Has it ever been listed officially by title? For that matter, now that I think of it, has it ever appeared anywhere other than that muchmusic show? I seem to remember having found it tabbed out somewhere, but it was called something else and the person stated right out that they didn't know the name of the song. I don't remember what they called it. I'll look through my old files and see if I saved it.

If you can't find it,whoever tabbed out "closer to the stars" by ear and got that first chord right would be your go to guy to tab out this one.
The song was played at the palais royale show, and is avialable on the bonus disc that came with the Canadian version of Candy From A Stranger.

Phil

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

philipgar wrote:
The song was played at the palais royale show, and is avialable on the bonus disc that came with the Canadian version of Candy From A Stranger.

Phil
What's it listed as there? And what else is on that bonus CD? I'd love to have that song on CD!

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

no1rockfan wrote:
philipgar wrote:

Phil
What's it listed as there? And what else is on that bonus CD? I'd love to have that song on CD!
The bonus disc has the following tracklist:
1. Closer To the Stars
2. Straight Up
3. Die In Your Arms
4. Somebody To Shove
5. I Should've Stayed In Bed

Phil

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

Does the American version not have that bonus disc? Hm... every version I've ever seen here in stores has that bonus disc included.

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

Closer wrote:Does the American version not have that bonus disc? Hm... every version I've ever seen here in stores has that bonus disc included.
The American version definitely doesn't have that disc. Honestly, it's one of those bonus discs that is well worth tracking down and buying. I got it not long after CFAS came out from someone out in Canada I think. Can't remember the details as that was a long time ago. At the time I had multiple copies of CFAS, but I think I gave away the actual CD to one of them to a friend who's copy was scratched. Which reminds me... I should relisten to that bonus disc...

Phil

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

philipgar wrote:
Closer wrote:Does the American version not have that bonus disc? Hm... every version I've ever seen here in stores has that bonus disc included.
Honestly, it's one of those bonus discs that is well worth tracking down and buying. Phil
Definitely. 'I Should Have Stayed in Bed Today' and 'Die In Your Arms' are among my favourite SA tunes.

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

The bonus Palayis Royal disc was announced at the time as a Canada-only bonus disc, so it's a little irritating that the USA was dissed but it's also available in Europe. It was one of a couple of "exclusive" releases that came out at the time of CFAS (the other being a disc sold only in the Indi stores), both of which I asked a store manager to sell to me long-distance over the phone and then ship to me. Living in the sticks, hundreads of miles from the closest places to get those location specific releases was torture at the time, so I was SO RELEIVED AND ESTATIC that I was able to find two store managers who were compasionate to my rural situation and kind enough to make the extra effort to ship them to me. A pretty big deal for a normal retail store to do, especially since the Canadian store had to ship across the border, and I think it was one of the usually impersonal chain stores, too. Thank God for the internet, without which I wouldn't have even known about the exclusive discs, let alone have been able to find stores willing to ship them to me.

dells

triumph3434
Social Butterfly

Post by triumph3434 »

I love that I checked on this thread every day for a week, and then gave up.. Now I check it a month later, and its got 8 hits. No Chords though.

Phil, you got the track listing right, but in the wrong order.

The song is called, "I should have stayed in bed all day" credited to D. Pirner.

That disc with the Bonus CD is readily available on AMAZON.com. Thats where I got mine. $2.50. Not bad; especially because if the bonus disc was on the "Whats your favorite album" pole, I would vote for the bonus disc. Its simply amazing. Here is the amazon link

http://www.amazon.com/Candy-Stranger-Li ... 834&sr=8-8

Also, Sheryl sent me the Palais DVD many years ago. It has the full concert, not just the 5 songs on the cd. It too is amazing. Does anyone have the ability to put this on a sharing site somehow? Can I rip a DVD onto my hard drive? Its a bootleg DVD, made from a recording off a TV broadcast, so it should have no encryption or anything..... im naive in this area... who can help?

And if anyone knows the chords, im a pretty good ukulele player, and I think I could do a mean cover of this.... (you should hear my gullible's travels)