Rare Songs Exchange

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
sonjablonde
Stranger

Rare Songs Exchange

Post by sonjablonde »

Hi,
I'm a very big fan of Soul Asylum. In all these years I collected a lot of cds and rare songs from this group. But by way reading through Soul Asylum discography, I saw that I miss some songs. Is there someone who can kindly send me the missing mp3 by mail? The songs are the following:

Showtime, Little House On the Edge, One Way Conversation, Village Idiot, Propaganda, Bad Moon Rising, When I Ran Off And Left Her, Directions, Dues, Forever and a Day, Goodbye Minneapolis, My Saving Grace, Never Felt Before, + eventual rare live tracks.

I would be very grateful if somebody met my request. Eventually I'm available to exchange the songs I own for the ones listed here above.
Hoping for a positive reply
Best Regards

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Re: Rare Songs Exchange

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Welcome to the site:

Most of the songs you requested can be found on our audio page. I am not at my normal computer so I cannot send the other files which you have listed.

FYI: Bad Moon Rising is just a cover of the CCR song which can be found the various artist Kitten compilation.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

NJ Misery
Inmate

Post by NJ Misery »

For me they open in Quicktime. How do you save them?

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

NJ Misery wrote:For me they open in Quicktime. How do you save them?

right click on them and "save link as"

spodiba
Social Butterfly

Post by spodiba »

Monolith Maniac wrote:Welcome to the site:

Most of the songs you requested can be found on our audio page. I am not at my normal computer so I cannot send the other files which you have listed.

FYI: Bad Moon Rising is just a cover of the CCR song which can be found the various artist Kitten compilation.
I'm kinda off-topic with my question here, but I wanted to ask this for a long time: we can't access this audio page in any other way but by following a link provided like this, right? Cause I can't find the section of the forum with it through "conventional ways"

sonjablonde
Stranger

Post by sonjablonde »

Monolith Maniac wrote:Welcome to the site:

Thank you for your reply.
Now The list is shorter ;)

Propaganda, Bad Moon Rising, When I Ran Off And Left Her (album version), Dues, Hurricane, I'll Take You There, Goodbye Minneapolis, Never Felt Before, + eventual rare live tracks.

If you want to help me getting all the other songs I will be very happy.
Thanks again, bye

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

The only song on that list that I have is "Never Felt Before". I'm looking for those other songs myself too. If you pm me your email address I can send it.

The Village Idiot
Marionette

Post by The Village Idiot »

I have been listening to some of my older SA and came across the song dues. I had forgotten how good that song is. I have a partial recording of the song from a show at the Fine Line (not sure what year, around 91), but I am trying to get a hold of a complete copy. The partial I have has more verses then the lyrics listed on the site. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

NJ Misery
Inmate

Post by NJ Misery »

zany wrote:
NJ Misery wrote:For me they open in Quicktime. How do you save them?

right click on them and "save link as"
whoa! That was easy. :lol: Thanks! :P