Whats does SA get for a gig?

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
insomniac
Marionette

Whats does SA get for a gig?

Post by insomniac »

Anyone know what they get to play a gig?

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Re: Whats does SA get for a gig?

Post by AlyssaJones »

I really wouldn't know, but I imagine it varies depending on the gig. I'm sure that packing First Avenue to the rafters at 20 bucks a head pays a bit more than a free show at a ribfest. But then again those ribfests and stuff like that probably bring in alot of money too. For example, they played at the Three Rivers Regatta in Pittsburgh two years ago, and that brings tens of millions of dollars into the city, so I'm sure they can afford to give the bands decent paychecks.

They definitely make enough doing it to live comfortably. I mean, I don't see any of the guys clamoring for a day job, do you? (And by "day job" I don't include Dave's record producing on the side, Danny's art-dealing, or that other band Tommy plays in.)

insomniac
Marionette

Post by insomniac »

that other band? as in guns n roses? there one of the all time greats

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

insomniac wrote:that other band? as in guns n roses? there one of the all time greats
I don't think they are that popular on here.

Anyway, I have no idea what the band makes... it probably differs for every gig. I'm sure it's not as much as it used to be, though, seeing as it's been 15 years since their last hit and they're not exactly a big name anymore and that makes a difference.

Clarence
Brand New Shine

Post by Clarence »

Eleventy billion dollars. I read it on the internet.

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

Must be true if you read it on the internet! :lol: :lol: :lol:

LyndaleExile
Marionette

Post by LyndaleExile »

I think that for most shows they get paid over $9000. I've heard rumors that Dave also likes Mudkips.

mrsromek
Inmate

Some useless information on what bands are paid for gigs...

Post by mrsromek »

About 5 years ago, a village employee of Crestwood informed me that Night Ranger was getting $30K for a 1.5 hour show. A few years before that, he said that REO Speedwago was getting $120K for a 1.5 hour show.

More recently, as in a few weeks ago, I saw Wang Chung at a bar's festival in Chicago. A fan, who was friend's with a manager, said that they were getting just under $9K for 1.25 hours.

****If a Board mod can move this under the correct thread, I'd appreciate it. I am not sure what happened here!

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Re: Some useless information on what bands are paid for gigs...

Post by Monolith Maniac »

mrsromek wrote:****If a Board mod can move this under the correct thread, I'd appreciate it. I am not sure what happened here!
Done.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com