SA Taping/Recording Policy

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
matty
Marionette

SA Taping/Recording Policy

Post by matty »

Does anyone know the bands policy on taping or video recording their show? I poked around and couldn't find it, if someone could point me in the right direction, hopefully before tomorrows show. Thanks!

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Re: SA Taping/Recording Policy

Post by AlyssaJones »

I honestly don't think the guys care very much. Just type "soul asylum" into YouTube and see everything that comes up. I don't think Dave has ever said, "Hey, you in the front! Turn that camera off!" :lol: Really, everybody does it, so I think you'll be fine. The only people that might have problems with you taping is the venue itself, and I'm guessing that since tomorrow's show is an outdoor festival type thing they're not going to care.

Have fun at the show!

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

hmm, depends really on your intent.

They don't have a "policy" per se, but historically the band/Mgmt have never approved of audience or video recording. Crappy cell phone stuff they could care less about, but I'm talking more of with actual decent gear being used is what they do not allow.

So try and bring in that (honkin) TV station type/style camera your buddy has and you'd get shut down so fast you'd wished you left it in the car. Just sayin'

But if you want an answer straight from the band, or Mgmt, search on here and there is a post/thread that says who their current Mgmt team is and who is the main contact (I believe his name was Wes). That's where I'd start
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

If you want to contact their manager Wes Kidd, you can write him a message from our contact page. It will directly be forwarded to him (just make sure to click the bottom radio button before submitting).
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

matty
Marionette

Post by matty »

Thanks for the input. I sent a message to their manager just to be safe and maybe get on official response to the subject. I don't have any fancy/bulky equipment, i just wanted to avoid any confrontation with security if possible.