2012 July 26th - Bowery Ballroom, NYC, NY

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
njsoul
Marionette

2012 July 26th - Bowery Ballroom, NYC, NY

Post by njsoul »

Thanks for pointing this one out EasyStreet. I was hoping they would hit the Wellmont Theatre in NJ but I'll hit this one. Capacity is only 550. Last time they came here they played Bowery early then later in the tour they came back and hit Irving Plaza. I can see the small capacity warranting a second show again.

zany
Social Butterfly

Re: 2012 July 26th Bowery Ballroom, NYC

Post by zany »

this is tempting too... but i might not push my luck and just stick w/ my CT show in august.
but i could be tempted to go...

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

I know this one says 16+, however my dilemma is I will be out there with my g/f and son at the time, and my son is 12 (a fan with 2 shows under his belt). Anyone know how strict they are on the age? Especially seeing they'd be with an adult?
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

EasyStreet wrote:I know this one says 16+, however my dilemma is I will be out there with my g/f and son at the time, and my son is 12 (a fan with 2 shows under his belt). Anyone know how strict they are on the age? Especially seeing they'd be with an adult?
It's worth calling and asking about their policy. I know a lot of clubs will let someone underage in if they are with a parent. You often have to show identification with the same surname. It would be great if you could bring your son!
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

well there is this page, however inquiry sent

http://www.bowerypresents.com/faq-2/
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

This conflicts with when I plan to leave for Otakon, the anime convention I've already made reservations to attend with friends. Oh well. :(

andrewttw
Inmate

Post by andrewttw »

Arggghh, Damn it! Why couldn't this have been just a week later!

I'm planning on coming over from England this Summer for another USA Travel & Soul Asylum Odyssey, and was thinking of starting my trip in New York, but I have such an important event with my work that week and so can't really start my trip until 30th July, damn it!

Oh well I'm sure there will be more shows announced for August, but the Bowery Ballroom was the venue of my first ever SA show back in Nov 2001, so it would have been so nice to go back almost 11 years on!

Andrew

TravisSaves
Social Butterfly

Post by TravisSaves »

Just purchased my tickets!

andrewttw
Inmate

Post by andrewttw »

Over the past 24hrs I have not stopped thinking about this show & how much I want to be there!

It was a Watershed moment in my life, when in the aftermath of 9/11 I said stuff the terrorists, I’m going to see my favorite band live for the first time in New York City, it was also the first time I had ever traveled overseas by myself.

10 & a half years later I have been around the world twice, seen every continent & made around 7 further trip to the States & seen 12 more SA Shows & I keep thinking back to that first trip in Nov 2001 as being the start of it all!

So I am seriously thinking stuff my important weeks work in late July & get to New York to re-live that amazing first trip in Nov 2001, Thankfully I’m self employed so do have that option without getting fired! It just means I will have to work harder beforehand!

Andrew

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

Dooo iiiiitttt. You know you want to.