2012 June 17th - The Cedar, Minneapolis, MN (Karl Tribute)

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

2012 June 17th - The Cedar, Minneapolis, MN (Karl Tribute)

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

OK, I don't see these two shows up there...

First, there's a show way the hell up in the Iron Range in Hoyt Lakes, MN on July 28th. My husband just saw a billboard for it as he was driving north on a business trip. It's at the Hoyt Lakes Water Carnival and Soul Asylum goes on at 11:00pm.

http://www.hoytlakescarnival.com/bands.php

But more importantly, Mary Beth Mueller is planning a show on the the 6th anniversary of Karl's death, which is June 17 (Father's Day)! Danny is helping her plan it! It will be in mpls behind the old Nick and Eddie's (Loring Park neighborhood, near the Basilica). Doesn't look like Littletooclean posted about this yet, but he's the one that saw it on Mary Beth's facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Tracy
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Re: Karl Tribute Show and Iron Range Show!

Post by EasyStreet »

this came from someone just now who happens to have/know people "in the know"

"It would seem that there's Golden Smog appearance in the works along with The Magnolias and Chan Poling at the Cedar on Sunday, June 17th. I suspect that this event is in conjunction with Mary Beth's event"

Just thought I'd pass along the info (but if you were going to the SHOW in the alley, this Cedar event might be a direct conflict if it overlaps time wise......)
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

Mary Beth Mueller posted this info on her facebook page yesterday, so clearly this is in lieu of the show behind nick and eddie's. I looked on The Cedar's site yesterday, but they didn't have the show listed yet.

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

venue listing (and other info) for this show

http://www.thecedar.org/events/2012/06/ ... oling-jord

Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 7:00pm
Doors Open: 6:30pm
Advance: $15.00
Day of show: $15.00
Standing show
At The Cedar
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

Very cool! I'm so freakin' excited for this show! Now if we would just get confirmation about a show at the Entry for the night before the cd release show in 1st Ave's mainroom…

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

Mates,

Been flip flopping for weeks about going. Finally decided, we HAD to go. Went on the site, "bought" tickets. At check out I discover, wait, it only says one ticket. Oh well, I'll just go back and get another one after check out. Now, tickets are no longer available. Long trip to risk one of us not getting. And the one of us will be me, since it is Father's day, Scot gets the ticket.

So I'd like to phone a friend... Anyone know of anyone who might have an extra ticket? Call me please!

Meg

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

That stinks, Meg. Maybe you could send Mary Beth a message on facebook and see if she can help.

Tracy

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

crawl wrote:Mates,

Been flip flopping for weeks about going. Finally decided, we HAD to go. Went on the site, "bought" tickets. At check out I discover, wait, it only says one ticket. Oh well, I'll just go back and get another one after check out. Now, tickets are no longer available. Long trip to risk one of us not getting. And the one of us will be me, since it is Father's day, Scot gets the ticket.

So I'd like to phone a friend... Anyone know of anyone who might have an extra ticket? Call me please!

Meg
meg,
I'm pretty sure you can manage this one.. I've gotten pretty damn good at getting into sold out shows without a ticket. Chances are good people will be selling spares on the street, there's always someone who's friend couldn't show up and they're trying to unload a ticket before the show. If all else fails find the band and beg!

best of luck!

Phil

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

@Tracy,

Wow, I don't think I would want to bother her like that. She probably has enough going on.

@Phil,

I hope it will work out too! Keep your fingers crossed for me! Hope things are going well with the new house!