2012 Dec 28th - First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
praukar
Runaway

Re: 2012 Dec 28th - First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN

Post by praukar »

great show w/ an excellent set list. first set (sans awesome can't even tell throw in) went in reverse chronological order leading up to grave dancers union......then skipped gdu (of course), horse and hangtime to close w/ made to be broken. it was great to hear can't even tell, and now rarely played I'll still be laughing.

second set consisted of gdu in album order w/ personal highlights being sun maid, 99% and April fool.

musically the band didn't miss a beat, but still weird not to have Danny on stage.

can't wait to see what the band pulls out for next years show!

rockinbrian
Inmate

Post by rockinbrian »

You guys are making me jealous. Here is hoping for an earlier anouncement for next years holiday show. Will be at the Madison show though. 2/23 can't come soon enough!

Dave4Prez
Caged Rat

Post by Dave4Prez »

Ugg. Try being me stuck here in the west (Phoenix). I'm game for traveling to see them as I have for many years now but need a show within reason....Vegas, Albuquerque, Los Angeles, PHOENIX?!!!!!!

Happy Holidays SA fans!

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

So, yes, some weird moments without Danny. Especially during Black Gold. The whole Dave getting down on his knees to play with someone other than Danny thing just didn't feel right to me. Other than that, the show was incredible! Loved hearing Can't Even Tell! Loved hearing April Fool! Wasn't sure how I would feel now that Danny is gone, but after seeing them live, I'm very happy Dave is continuing to play!

Tracy
Attachments
564468_470253356344817_1153858625_n.jpg
249879_4969900127087_699144506_n.jpg
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

ghettogold
Inmate

Post by ghettogold »

anyone have any video or audio beyond what is already on youtube? i was stuck in vancouver, b.c. and could not afford to make the trek. hoping there may be some footage of songs that i have never seen live (99%, new world, the sun maid etc). glad to hear the night was wonderful, wish i didn't live so far away.

jamez
Stranger

Post by jamez »

I can't believe they played GDU entirely and nobody's filmed (or at least posted) April Fool, Growing Into You, 99% or Can't Even Tell. Like seriously? They've even played the laughing song the last few concerts and nobody's posted a video. I'd love to hear how these songs sound present day.

By the way...Heh. I think that was the best live version of By the way i've heard. Justin's guitar playing was awesome.

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

Thanks for the pics and good reviews. Sounds like a rejuvenated band. Looking forward to February.