2012 Dec 28th - First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
PAULY
Caged Rat

Re: 2012 Dec 28th - First Avenue, Minneapolis

Post by PAULY »

''20 YEARS LATER GRAVE DANCERS UNION LIVE AT FIRST AVENUE''.......how sweet wuld that be for a first ever live DVD !!! a good way for Dave to show he still Rocks it and can show off his new band mates .... i know its a 4% chance soul asylum will release this show on dvd but the hardcore sa fans thats been following and listening still after 20 years can only have hopes up !!!

praukar
Runaway

Re: 2012 Dec 28th - First Avenue, Minneapolis

Post by praukar »

can't wait to hear sunmaid....have never heard it live, and it is a great tune

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Re: 2012 Dec 28th - First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN

Post by EasyStreet »

sorry for not have been following all of the tweets etc, but there are 2 opening acts for this show for those who were not aware of that

http://first-avenue.com/event/2012/12/soulasylum
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

Not many posts on tonight's show :( I'm going! Looks like Todd is in. Anybody else???

Tracy
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

OneLovedBand
Social Butterfly

Post by OneLovedBand »

I'm in! My husband has got a bit of a cold so it may not be front row for us tonight, but we are going! Whoo-hoo!

LittleTooClean
Social Butterfly

Post by LittleTooClean »

Unfortunately we will not be a this years extravaganza :(
Hope everyone has a great time!!

Patty and I will be attending the NYE show

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

Hm, I don't remember typing ''review and setlist" in my previous post. Am I getting dementia or did someone put that in there? Not that it matters of course, but it puzzles the mind...

Anyway, I just read a message from Michael Bland on facebook:

"To all the Haters and Nay sayers.. It's official.. Last night, Soul Asylum packed First Avenue within SIX people of ABSOLUTE CAPACITY- If you stayed home 'cuz you're lost in the 90's and just don't wanna accept that things can sometimes change for the better? Or, maybe you think the most successful rock band this city has ever seen is now a mere shadow of it's former self? The truth is that this band, even with all the people who've come and gone, not only remains relevant, but is catching it's second wind-- with or without you. Do us a favor and stay home next year, too. Deuces.. M.B."

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Closer wrote:Hm, I don't remember typing ''review and setlist" in my previous post. Am I getting dementia or did someone put that in there? Not that it matters of course, but it puzzles the mind..."
I'd keep quiet but, that was me. :P I only put it up for future reference and to see what the link was regarding.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

inasimplerhyme
Runaway

Post by inasimplerhyme »

What a fun night! I'll admit, Dan was missed, but it was still an incredible show. Highlights of the 1st set: Can't Even Tell, Leave This Town and Made To Be Broken!! After a 10 minute intermission they played GDU in its entirety in CD order. My personal favorite was New World. My God, what a beautiful song! If I could only remember one song from the show, it'd be that. And I loved how they ended The Sun Maid. They were joined by 3 strings and a french horn player. After Dave sang his last bit, the strings and horn kept playing the last 4 bars over and over as the band left the stage, finishing once they were the only people left. It was a wonderful moment. I lived in Minneapolis back in the early/mid 90s, so to be able to go back and see them here again was just perfect. Here's to the old times and great memories to come. Happy New Year everyone.