2013 October 4 - The Space at Westbury, Westbury, NY

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
reboog711
Social Butterfly

Re: 2013 October 4 - The Space at Westbury, Westbury, NY

Post by reboog711 »

Since a few folks have talked about Evan Dando being odd/uncomfortable...

I saw Lemonheads twice [that I remember] + the Capitol Theater show.

The first time was at their height (Tuxedo Junction in Danbury CT) and ranks as one of the best shows I have ever been to. I was just blown away. It probably had their classic "Shame about Ray" line up.

[Insert long length of time here]

He actually had a breakdown on stage [Opening for the band Guster at a college in Rhode Island if memory serves me]. He apparently has a lot of mental issues; which would account for his attitude and constant unease. I thought he is known for being a moody depressive.

I saw the revamped Lemonheads at Earth Fest in Boston a bunch of years ago . I was a bit indifferent to them this time; perhaps because I was too far away from the stage to experience the show.

I like to put on a mix of Lemonheads albums and play them in the background. I like a lot of the songs, but nothing really sticks out as a "Hit" they all kinda blend together.

[Maybe that sheds some light on Dando, but maybe not...]

Closer
Social Butterfly

Re: 2013 October 4 - The Space at Westbury, Westbury, NY

Post by Closer »

I really like Evan Dando... he writes very simple songs, yet they can be very deep at the same time. I once read that he said that this is the first time in his life that he has to play music for money, and I can imagine that not being too great. He had some drug problems but I thought he was sober (again) now after some kind of arrest a few years ago... I hope he keeps it up.