Holiday Show?

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Holiday Show?

Post by AlyssaJones »

This topic is sorta pointless but I felt like pondering out loud whether or not there'll be a holiday show this year.

According to First Ave's website, all the Friday and Saturday slots in December have been filled so it doesn't look good, although they could still do a Thursday show or maybe a New Year's Eve show somewhere like they did last year.

I really wish they'd come out and say NO if there isn't one, because when we've come to expect something every year, it's annoying to be left not knowing when we could be making other travel plans. First world problems, I know, but it would be nice to get a straight answer at some point. Fuckin' Schrodinger's cat, man. Open the box, please.

OneLovedBand
Social Butterfly

Re: Holiday Show?

Post by OneLovedBand »

Maybe the Sue McLean tribute show is their holiday show this year. It's close to Thanksgiving.

andrewttw
Inmate

Post by andrewttw »

I've been wondering the same for ages as I was really hoping to make it back over to Minneapolis from England for a Holiday show this year, Having been to the 2007 & 2010 Holiday shows at First Av this year just fits that sequence nicely :) and I won't of been to a show in almost 18 months so I'm having severe withdrawal symptoms!

I had been looking at the the First Ave website regularly in the hope of seeing something announced & was also disappointed to see all weekend dates in Dec become fully booked up the other day so no sadly it doesn't look good.

A New Year's Eve show at First Ave would've brilliant though! (Fingers crossed, but not holding my breath!)

But I totally echo AlyssaJones comments about if there isn't going to be a Holiday show can they or their management please indeed say so as I'm still keeping my plans for December on hold in case there is a show & obviously travel around Christmas can get very expensive so I need to make decisions very soon!

Don't know if anyone on here who has contact with the bands management could pose the question about it to them soon?

Andrew

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

OneLovedBand wrote:Maybe the Sue McLean tribute show is their holiday show this year. It's close to Thanksgiving.
Did they get added to this bill??
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

I called Wes the other day regarding the show and haven't heard back... I'll send him an email right now.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Just got confirmation from Wes that unfortunately there will be no Holiday show this year. :(
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

well, guess I'm glad I went and saw them last month on the Dando/FoW tour......

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

That sucks. It's not Christmas without Soul Asylum. :(

andrewttw
Inmate

Post by andrewttw »

That is disappointing news, With 2013 having been a rare year when I haven't had the chance to travel to the USA & see a Soul Asylum Show, I really hoped to end the year with a Holiday show in Minneapolis, Oh Well thanks for finding out the info Jim, at least I can make other plans now for December.

There is still one slight outside possibility for me to somehow get over to Minneapolis & see a Soul Asylum show, this Sue Mclean Tribute show

http://first-avenue.com/event/2013/11/suemclean

With it being in only just over 2 weeks away & a difficult time for me to get time off work it's very doubtful if I could make it. However I would like to at least look into the possibility but could do with some more details regarding it, Is there any reason why it hasn't been added to this website yet? It was announced by First Ave a few weeks ago that Soul Asylum had been added to the bill.

It would appear that they are not headlining, but does anyone have any info as to what kind of length set could be expected, as if they got to play a decent length set, I may see what I can do & see if I can somehow pull out all the stops & make it over to Minneapolis for it!

Andrew

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

if they are indeed playing the Sue McLean show, my guess is they'd get about a 30 minute set, at most