Concert Order - Who is first SA or Meat Puppets?

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
triumph3434
Social Butterfly

Concert Order - Who is first SA or Meat Puppets?

Post by triumph3434 »

Concert order - Who is playing First Meat Puppets or Soul Asylum? Is there any other opener? Im always tight for time and need to plan in advance.

Can anyone tell me good aprox start times for each band? Thanks. Door open at 8 then who comes on when?

Matthew
Caged Rat

Re: Concert Order - Who is first SA or Meat Puppets?

Post by Matthew »

Meat Puppets.. at least that is what it was when they played in mn

nikkip
Social Butterfly

Post by nikkip »

Meat Puppets first (and very worth seeing!). I went to four shows this tour and time seems to vary a lot from venue to venue.

triumph3434
Social Butterfly

Post by triumph3434 »

Yes I love the Meat puppets but priority is SA. Im glad MP is first then I will have no problem seing SA both nights. Im thinking doors open at 8 MP at 9 SA at 10:30?

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

insert broken record here --> Meat Puppets play first

There has only been one other show so far where there were additional bands also on the bill (like 7 bands total at one particular show). And all of those bands played first, then MP second to last, then SA being the last band.

Have fun!
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

nikkip
Social Butterfly

Post by nikkip »

The show in Pontiac had two local bands play first. At that show SA didn't play til midnight-ish.

OneLovedBand
Social Butterfly

Post by OneLovedBand »

If I remember correctly, and I may not remember correctly because I was too excited about my PledgeMusic side-stage passes, at the Mpls. show I think American Scarecrows and Carnage the Executioner played before and a little after the Meat Puppets. SA was on last.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

OneLovedBand .... tell us more about your pledge music side-stage pass please!

OneLovedBand
Social Butterfly

Post by OneLovedBand »

triumph3434 wrote:Concert order - Who is playing First Meat Puppets or Soul Asylum? Is there any other opener? Im always tight for time and need to plan in advance.

Can anyone tell me good aprox start times for each band? Thanks. Door open at 8 then who comes on when?
You could also see if the venue posts or tweets set times day of show.
Last edited by OneLovedBand on Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

OneLovedBand
Social Butterfly

Post by OneLovedBand »

Zany-The PledgeMusic side-stage passes were a lot of fun. They were only good for SA's set but I had no problem with that. It was at First Avenue and we got to meet some of the staff, who were helpful and nice. We were shown how one of the soundboards worked and were allowed to mix our own speaker that only we could hear from that spot onstage but I was afraid to touch the soundboard.

Probably the best thing for me was to be able to watch SA from a "quiet" place free of distractions. It was interesting to see the audience from the stage too. I was surprised how far I could see out.