2008 Aug. 18th - Wolf Den, Mohegan Sun, Uncasville, CT

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

Re: MOHEGAN SUN-Aug 18-Roll Call

Post by stuck_in_the_90s »

Yaz McBoo wrote:Hm, but didn't it air before he died? The song selection is fantastic. Unlike other bands that merely played their "electric" hits with acoustic guitars, Nirvana played songs more appropriate to the intruments.
Yeah, I guess it did. I was actually talking about the DVD and the cd of it though, not the actual performance.

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

I think the album came out sometime in 1994, because I remember using Christmas money to buy it after Christmas 1994.

I thought Dave Grohl and Courtney Love were fighting over rights to a Nirvana box set...not sure on that.

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

Yes, the Nirvana Unplugged CD was released in 1994. The box set of outtakes/rarities was what took over a decade to be released.

trudatman
Runaway

Post by trudatman »

here goes: a vine. sign up ONLY if you can make perfect copies of CDs (disc-at-once with Nero or Burn or standalone, etc.) and are in the States. person one gets the two discs form me, makes copies for themselves and passes the originals on to the next person. this continues until the end of the line is reached and the last person keeps the original discs. after the vine is done, people outside the States and/or without the ability to make perfect copies can post here requesting trades or freebies from those who got in on the vine. make sense? PM your mailing address to the person before you. all shipping costs belong to the person shipping; don't try to make anybody give you funds. cool?

count off.
trudatman wrote:Soul Asylum - Wolf Den, Uncasville, Connecticut, USA - 8/18/08
1-Bittersweetheart
2-All Is Well
3-Misery
4-Lately
5-Without A Trace
6-Black Gold
7-New World
8-Easy Street
9-Oxygen
10-Cartoon
11-Gone Till November
12-Whatcha Need
1-Summer Of Drugs
2-Never Really Been
3-Runaway Train
4-Just Like Anyone
5-Somebody To Shove
6-Closer To The Stars
7-Stand Up And Be Strong
"excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on." "I'm not not licking toads." - H. Jay Simpson

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

one
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

did you get audio or video?
not sure if you have seen this but i found videos on youtube from the show
(i was there - my first SA concert. it totally revived my long lost obsession with the band from back in the day and i dug out the 4 'tapes' and 3 cds i forgot i had)

these are pretty great thanks to whoever put them out (they left out all the songs from silver lining for some reason but i'm still appreciative of the video!)
part 1 (10 mins)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3upDVAW ... re=related
part 2 (10 mins)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gv-gz8P ... re=related

trudatman
Runaway

Post by trudatman »

cool!

somebody get that guy to send out DVDs off his source. here's hoping he recorded much more than the ten-and-a-half minute youtube segments (they are cut and pasted together between songs for his upload).

so I captured audio. came out great. we could sync them up.
"excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on." "I'm not not licking toads." - H. Jay Simpson

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

oooh i keep forgetting to sign up
TWO !!!'

thanks

trudatman
Runaway

Post by trudatman »

haven't gotten a PM from Norma, yet. Zany should PM Norma a mailing address. I'll send it out when I know where to send it. keep the sign-up going, folks.

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

oops - pmotw!
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over