2008 Aug. 18th - Wolf Den, Mohegan Sun, Uncasville, CT

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
NJ Misery
Inmate

Re: MOHEGAN SUN-Aug 18-Roll Call

Post by NJ Misery »

SET LIST

-Bittersweet Heart
-All is well
-Lately
-Without a Trace
-Black Gold
-New World
-Easy Street
-Oxygen
-Cartoon
-Gone till November
-Whatcha need
-Summer of Drugs
-Never really been
-Runaway Train
-Just like anyone
-Somebody to Shove
-Closer to the Stars
-Stand up and be strong

A killer and amazing 100 minutes!

trudatman
Runaway

Post by trudatman »

NJ Misery wrote:A killer and amazing 100 minutes!
actually, EXACTLY ninety minutes. to the second.

Soul Asylum - Wolf Den, Uncasville, Connecticut, USA - 8/18/08
1-Bittersweetheart
2-All Is Well
3-Misery
4-Lately
5-Without A Trace
6-Black Gold
7-New World
8-Easy Street
9-Oxygen
10-Cartoon
11-Gone Till November
12-Whatcha Need
1-Summer Of Drugs
2-Never Really Been
3-Runaway Train
4-Just Like Anyone
5-Somebody To Shove
6-Closer To The Stars
7-Stand Up And Be Strong
"excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on." "I'm not not licking toads." - H. Jay Simpson

trudatman
Runaway

Post by trudatman »

hey, y'all; just wanted to apologize for the slowness. I lost (AGAIN -- second time) the remote to my burner, so I can't just do this the easy way, right now. I'll try the harder ways some more, but if I can't get it right, it could be a few weeks instead of a few more days. we won't be accepting of any clicks nor sampling rate loss. it reached many zero peaks and never went over nor clipped, so save possibly wanting to turn up the treble response some, it won't need tweaking -- I figure a couple of weeks. worst case scenario is that I order another remote and do it the easy way when it arrives. I need a new one anyway, so I'll likely order one as soon as my "juggled" finances allow for it. well, the show was excellent. most every song was performed with extremely high energy, accuracy and excitement from each bandmember. many of the songs had cool jams, impressive flair and/or quirky sections from each/every/any dude. the whole middle of the show consists of great versions of tasty numbers. listened to it MANY times and can't wait to be able to share it properly.

long ramble short: sorry, ASAFP.
"excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on." "I'm not not licking toads." - H. Jay Simpson

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

you slacker!! j/k !

Take your time my friend, and don't worry too much about the turkey vultures hovering overhead......

:)
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

I came across this blog today written by someone who attended the concert; unfortunately doesn't look like he enjoyed it:

http://dantessier.com/?p=34

He seems to flip flop his views about Soul Asylum (from good to bad). I will agree with him on one thing though; "they're nothing like Nirvana". :P
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

Monolith Maniac wrote:I came across this blog today written by someone who attended the concert; unfortunately doesn't look like he enjoyed it:

He seems to flip flop his views about Soul Asylum (from good to bad). I will agree with him on one thing though; "they're nothing like Nirvana". :P
Doesn't sound like he was at the same concert as you guys! I don't know WHO he seen but every Soul Asylum concert I've been to they've always had a ton of energy, even if there wasn't a huge crowd they still played like there was one!
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

Twiddly Dee wrote:Doesn't sound like he was at the same concert as you guys! I don't know WHO he seen but every Soul Asylum concert I've been to they've always had a ton of energy, even if there wasn't a huge crowd they still played like there was one!
I agree with Tweedly Dee -- and we've both seen SA three times since Oct 2007.

At the Oct 2007 show, they played to the room and engaged the crowd even after half the VIP section left when the open bar closed. (I could tell from GA that most of the VIPs were not going to appreciate the band and was holding a grudge about being stuck in the back right up until the VIPS left and one of the remaining guys in VIP started letting all the GA people down front. I ended up just a few feet from the stage with a completely unobstructed view of the band for my first SA show. Heaven!) It was still a great show, with no signs of the guys just "fulfilling their contract."

Maybe this guy was the one who was drunk. ;)
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

Monolith Maniac wrote:I came across this blog today written by someone who attended the concert; unfortunately doesn't look like he enjoyed it:

Here we go with the perpetual Nirvana comparison. I do not want to be rude and sound unpopular but I really mean (with ALL sincerity and confidence) when I say that Nirvana is the most overrated and undeserving band of all time. I am SORRY if I offended anyone, but my opinion is with grounds and I just find it duly unfair when people are called "losers", "ignorant", etc. just because they have some criticisms with the band, or prefers other bands than Nirvana.

I couldn't be bothered commenting on his blog, whoever this guy is. Comparing Soul Asylum to Nirvana is a big turn-off, but comparing Soul Asylum SHOWS with Nirvana's is UNFORGIVABLE!

P.S. I am just curious, but could anyone here please explain how Nirvana's MTV Unplugged got so much praise? I think the show was boring, unenthusiastic, and out of tune. It's next to nothing compared to the show of 10,000 Maniacs (I would not compare this with SA's Unplugged as I have just seen Runaway Train and Black Gold).
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

Post by stuck_in_the_90s »

lune ellise wrote:P.S. I am just curious, but could anyone here please explain how Nirvana's MTV Unplugged got so much praise? I think the show was boring, unenthusiastic, and out of tune. It's next to nothing compared to the show of 10,000 Maniacs (I would not compare this with SA's Unplugged as I have just seen Runaway Train and Black Gold).
It's probably because it was released after Kurt Cobain killed himself and it served as a kind of memorial because Courtney Love, Dave Grohl, and Krist Noveselic were fighting over an album release for him with Nirvana's work(I think I got that right, if I didn't, please correct me, but I think I'm pretty close if not right on the money).

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

Hm, but didn't it air before he died? The song selection is fantastic. Unlike other bands that merely played their "electric" hits with acoustic guitars, Nirvana played songs more appropriate to the intruments.