2008 Aug. 18th - Wolf Den, Mohegan Sun, Uncasville, CT

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
NJ Misery
Inmate

2008 Aug. 18th - Wolf Den, Mohegan Sun, Uncasville, CT

Post by NJ Misery »

anyone else from here going?

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Re: MOHEGAN SUN-Aug 18-Roll Call

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

I'll be there. Can't wait!
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

NJ Misery
Inmate

Post by NJ Misery »

Have you seen them there before?

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

NJ Misery wrote:Have you seen them there before?
Yes, I went to the show there last year. It's a strange venue for a SA show, but fun. It's a very intimate space with seating at tables and waitress service. I was instructed last year that proper protocol was to remain seated for the first half of the show, because many in the audience prefer to be seated and don't want their view obstructed; but then after half the show, it's cool to stand. Last year, "Cartoon" was our cue to get up and move to the stage. :)

Last year's show was a lot of fun, with some very cool and friendly fans in attendance and a particularly fun performance from the guys. Dave and Dan were especially silly and had a running joke where they kept dedicating songs to various Karls after doing the usual dedication to Karl Mueller -- Karl Marx, Carl Reiner, Carl Lewis, etc. They started teasing the sound guy and he gave it right back to them by doing things like putting echo on Dave's voice when he was talking. They also stopped and good-naturedly posed for pictures in the middle of the set.

Let's touch base again closer to the date, so I know how to identify you at the show.

NJ Misery
Inmate

Post by NJ Misery »

Miss Fitt 2 wrote:
NJ Misery wrote:Have you seen them there before?
Yes, I went to the show there last year. It's a strange venue for a SA show, but fun. It's a very intimate space with seating at tables and waitress service. I was instructed last year that proper protocol was to remain seated for the first half of the show, because many in the audience prefer to be seated and don't want their view obstructed; but then after half the show, it's cool to stand. Last year, "Cartoon" was our cue to get up and move to the stage. :)

Last year's show was a lot of fun, with some very cool and friendly fans in attendance and a particularly fun performance from the guys. Dave and Dan were especially silly and had a running joke where they kept dedicating songs to various Karls after doing the usual dedication to Karl Mueller -- Karl Marx, Carl Reiner, Carl Lewis, etc. They started teasing the sound guy and he gave it right back to them by doing things like putting echo on Dave's voice when he was talking. They also stopped and good-naturedly posed for pictures in the middle of the set.

Let's touch base again closer to the date, so I know how to identify you at the show.
You probably saw me. At stage front between Dave and Dan. I'm the only person who headbangs @ a Soul Asylum concert. :lol: I look like Howard Stern.

I want to stand from the get-go but it's an awkward vibe in that room for awhile. Idk why we waited until half way through the set to get up. Even if you are in the back, seated, you can still see the stage just fine if people are there standing. It's a high stage.

Maybe because it's a free show some people show up who aren't really fans and they just wanna chill?.

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

NJ Misery wrote:You probably saw me. At stage front between Dave and Dan. I'm the only person who headbangs @ a Soul Asylum concert. :lol: I look like Howard Stern.

I want to stand from the get-go but it's an awkward vibe in that room for awhile. Idk why we waited until half way through the set to get up. Even if you are in the back, seated, you can still see the stage just fine if people are there standing. It's a high stage.

Maybe because it's a free show some people show up who aren't really fans and they just wanna chill?.
I remember you! You may even have been seated at my table. Or maybe you were at Rob's table. I was part of the group that hung out and got some food after the show.

I'm totally game for standing sooner. I mean, it's nice to have a glass of red wine at a show and all, but sitting at cocktail tables just isn't right for a SA show!

I look forward to seeing you again this year.

-Judith

NJ Misery
Inmate

Post by NJ Misery »

Oh you were part of that group? Yes, I probably would remember you. :) See you there.

trudatman
Runaway

Post by trudatman »

sounds like we don't have to worry about showing up early? how late do you think we can arrive and still score a good table or whatever?

four of us, I think. I'm excited.
"excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on." "I'm not not licking toads." - H. Jay Simpson

trudatman
Runaway

Post by trudatman »

where is everybody? I'd like to read more about the venue (rules, timing, size, etc.) and who is going. we'll be two thirty-year-old dudes with slightly younger womenfolk in tow (two of my exes). we should be (stealth?) recording, too, so PLEASE don't run up during the set and put an arm around me and yell "you're Tru, from the board, right?!". it's getting close, so let's have some discussion, y'all!
"excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on." "I'm not not licking toads." - H. Jay Simpson

trudatman
Runaway

Post by trudatman »

went great. interesting bits were New World, Cartoon > Gone TIll November, Summer Of Drugs, Never Really Been. typical Dave channeling Mitch jokes. got a GREAT recording. flawless. update when it is ready.