2009 Dec. 4th - First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Re: First Avenue date changed

Post by Monolith Maniac »

PROMISESBROKEN wrote:So I'm curious why this show still isn't listed here even though tickets are already on sale. Guys?
Because the original scheduled show was canceled we just wanted an official confirmation from their manager (which is how all future shows will be posted) especially since more and more fans are getting their information from our site.

Since there are occasions where a show might be rescheduled or canceled even if tickets are available, we just wanted to be 100% sure the concert was a go until we posted anything on our site.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

Yep. Me and Jim discussed this earlier and agreed that a canceled show that has previously been announced means a lot more grief than an early announcement means joy, so don't think we're doing this just to annoy you. ;)
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Atticusdog
Runaway

Post by Atticusdog »

Wonderin if it was changed due to Tommys GNR tour obligations.I think the GNR tour starts soon after the Dec 4+5 shows

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

First Avenue Discount Hotel Rate

I was asked if I could post the following:

The Downtown Holiday Inn Express has been kind enough to offer Soul Asylum fans a special room rate of $79 plus tax for Dec. 4, 2009

The details are as follows:

Holiday Inn Express
225 S. 11th street
Minneapolis, MN 55403

Phone: 612-341-3300

VERY IMPORTANT: For the fan to get the special rate they MUST CALL HOTEL DIRECTLY at the above number.
When they call they need to give the promotional code: Soul Asylum Concert

---

I checked and its about a half mile (15 minute walk) to First Avenue; here's a map/directions in case anyone's interested.

I just want to note, a similar post was made by Benny a couple months ago, but since the concert had to be rescheduled I was asked to post this with the new changes.

crawl
Social Butterfly

2009 Dec. 4th - First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN

Post by crawl »

Thought I would post a new thread, Did not want to wade back through the old one. Was wondering who all was planning on going. We are throwing fiscal responsibility to the wind in a desperate attempt to maintain our sanity. Any one already booked in?

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Re: Going to the Show (1st Ave)?

Post by AlyssaJones »

Me! I'm going I'm going! I'm soooooo excited!

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

I'm not able to go to this year's First Ave show. I'm disappointed that I wont get to attend this year because so many peeps from here are going that I would like to meet.

But after our nightmare driving experience last year, my brother refuses to drive me to the cities in the winter again, and my son recently totaled my car so I no longer have a car to provide for a road trip anyway. However, the insurance payout on my totaled car is providing the necessary funding to pay for attending the Fargo show, which I'm able to get to because my BFF is able to do the driving, since it's just a Saturday/Sunday trip, (her job is the reason she can't take me to First Ave too.

I would have loved to hit the First Ave/Fargo double header, but it's just not possible for me. For those coming into town for First Ave., if the roads are good Sat am, consider renting a car and hitting Fargo too, it's only a 3 1/2 - 4 hr drive from the cities, and a no-brainer to navigate to. Provided it's not sold out by then and if your flight home isn't till Sunday, of course.

Enjoy the show!

dells

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

I'm in! :D

Tracy
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

I'll be there. :D

clammers
Social Butterfly

Post by clammers »

I'll be there.
"...and who is the hound at the downtown dog pound who speaks english when the watchman's not in sight?"