2007 Nov. 17th - Butterball Party, Minneapolis, MN

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
norma023
O'Jeezer

2007 Nov. 17th - Butterball Party, Minneapolis, MN

Post by norma023 »

or at least that what Pollstar is saying.

Anyone know where it's at???
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

clammers
Social Butterfly

Post by clammers »

First Ave and the Fine Line are booked that night so...?

Myth, The Rock, Varsity Theater, Station 4, The Cabooze, The Triple Rock, 400 Bar...all booked.

Trocadero's, Orpheum Theater, State Theater, Pantages Theater, Fitzgerald Theater and Northrop Auditorium...booked.

The Whole at Coffman Memorial Union or The O'Shaughnessy?

Just thinking of places to play.

Still looking...
"...and who is the hound at the downtown dog pound who speaks english when the watchman's not in sight?"

clammers
Social Butterfly

Post by clammers »

I guess it could be First Ave because its just one of their dance nights scheduled for 10PM.
"...and who is the hound at the downtown dog pound who speaks english when the watchman's not in sight?"

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

Well, let me know as soon as you find out and I'll gladly add it to the front page.
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

clammers wrote:First Ave and the Fine Line are booked that night so...?

Myth, The Rock, Varsity Theater, Station 4, The Cabooze, The Triple Rock, 400 Bar...all booked.

Trocadero's, Orpheum Theater, State Theater, Pantages Theater, Fitzgerald Theater and Northrop Auditorium...booked.

The Whole at Coffman Memorial Union or The O'Shaughnessy?

Just thinking of places to play.

Still looking...
Ha ha! I did the same exact thing earlier today -- went through each of the clubs' calendars. But you looked at more than me. I don't know them all. I just checked First Ave, Fine Line, 400 Bar, Cabooze, Triple Rock, Myth, and State Theater.

I had been thinking they might announce a last minute Fine Line gig because of the 20th anniversary, but it doesn't look like that's the case. They couldn't possibly be doing an outdoor gig in Minneapolis in November, could they? Heck, I saw them in the snow in Vail, so I suppose anything's possible.

Thanks for investigating!
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

Thor_of_Mpls
Brand New Shine

Post by Thor_of_Mpls »

I got the Pollstar email too. I guess I think that its probably some sort of fundraiser/multiple band sort of thing since they are already all set to play First Ave. a month later.

clammers
Social Butterfly

Post by clammers »

yeah...but where's it gonna be? pretty sure that they wouldn't be playing with anyone that is already booked in those places i listed above and i don't know of any places i've forgotten other than a few random bars here and there.

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

Thor_of_Mpls wrote:I got the Pollstar email too. I guess I think that its probably some sort of fundraiser/multiple band sort of thing since they are already all set to play First Ave. a month later.
Yeah, I was thinking it was maybe part of a benefit as well. And maybe it's an afternoon show (?) which means it could actually be at one of the places that Clammers checked even though something else is booked that night.
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

clammers
Social Butterfly

Post by clammers »

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

Hmm, someone just posted this over on the jayhawksfanpage

Graves 601, a benefit event called Butterball @ $100.00 a pop

Off to google land.....
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over