Watch 'Gravity'?!

Offer your feedback on the content that has been published to the site, such as our discography and our articles.
swendo
Runaway

Watch 'Gravity'?!

Post by swendo »

Nice. That's the real(er) Soul Asylum, too, with Danny. Trust me, I love Dave and his art, but calling whatever that is now "Soul Asylum" is just an April Fool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODD17l2uteg (note Grant's killer Babes In Toyland t-shirt :)
There's a ringing in my ears that's Heaven-sent

nikkip
Social Butterfly

Re: Watch 'Gravity'?!

Post by nikkip »

Swendo, Have you seen many shows with the new line up?

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

I agree that it's not Soul Asylum anymore without Dan Murphy's distinged guitar sound and background vocals, but I'm glad Dave kept going and I'm looking forward to any new material. And from I can tell without having seen them live, I like the new lineup, they really seem to enjoy themselves and they are good musicians. Who cares under what name they play.

reboog711
Social Butterfly

Post by reboog711 »

Back after the Grave Dancer's Union era; before I knew anything about the band; a co-worker of mine made the same comments about them replacing the Grant w/ Sterling.

I miss the Dan songs, though, and I'm bummed I'll never get to see a Dan and Dave acoustic show.

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

reboog711 wrote: and I'm bummed I'll never get to see a Dan and Dave acoustic show.
I was only able to see one of those myself, which I'm glad I was able to see, and document. But yes it stinks that those days are no longer. I've seen one Dave & Justin set so far, but it doesn't even compare.
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.