New Quiz: Trains and Phones

Offer your feedback on the content that has been published to the site, such as our discography and our articles.
Homesick
Warden

New Quiz: Trains and Phones

Post by Homesick »

It has been said that Soul Asylum's lyrics are abundant with references to trains and phones. Well, here is a brand-new quiz about those very lyrics!

Quiz: Trains and Phones

Have fun! (And if you want to share your result, feel free to do so here!)
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Re: New Quiz: Trains and Phones

Post by dells »

I got 8 out of 11 right. I don't have Broken Glass or Passing Sad Daydream, so it's not surprising that I guessed wrong on those, but I'm bummed that I got the question about String of Pearls wrong. I should have known that one, but I guess it's been too long since I've played it.

dells

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

i got 8 also ....i was trying REALLY hard to get them all right too. darn quiz !!!

dells the string of pearls one was a littttle confusing
i also got the passing sad daydream one wrong because that line is one i could never decipher!!! so i never knew what the heck he's saying and hadn't gotten around to looking it up. and the bitter pill one i ALMOST got. but not quite ...

oh well. and one that i guessed (tell me when) i got correct yay!

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

Damn, only 7 out of 11. Oh well.

Cool idea for a quiz. I might make a trains and phones play list now. :P
Last edited by AlyssaJones on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

11 out of 11. Cool.

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

AlyssaJones wrote:Damn, only 7 out of 11. Oh well.
Still better than I did... and this is my second time taking it as I helped beta test the test the other night. I suppose I just don't remember my lyrics anymore... It's been too long since we played name that tune I suppose.

phil

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

Only 7 out of 11. I should have done better considering I once went "train-spotting" through the studio albums. :oops: And that's the only reason I got the correct answer for the "String of Pearls" question.
zany wrote:i also got the passing sad daydream one wrong because that line is one i could never decipher!!! so i never knew what the heck he's saying and hadn't gotten around to looking it up.
That's funny to me because "Passing Sad Daydream" is one of the two songs on WYWO in which I can actually understand all the lyrics. I had to look up the lyrics to almost all of the other songs. :lol:
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

zany wrote:dells the string of pearls one was a littttle confusing
What do you think was confusing about it?
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

Homesick wrote:
I didn't think it was confusing at all. I just should have sung the verse in my head first instead of making a snap decision of "Oh that's easy, it's the..." Even humming the melody probably would have helped.

Rather than confusing, I think it's more of a "trick" question (because the "obvious" answer is actually not the correct one) and I fell for it. :)

Excellent quiz guys, and it's one that new site members, and even fairly new fans, can have just as good of a chance of getting a good score as those of us that have been here since day one, because the only "homework" required is to have listened to lots of Soul Asylum in your life.

dells

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

Homesick wrote:
to me, as soon as i read the answers, two of them seemed equivalent to eachother, so therefore i decided (using my keen test-taking skills) to automatically eliminate both of those. :) whoops! anyways yeah.
(i don't know the words to that song very well because it's one of ones i skip a lot.)