Updating a forum always brings oddness

Suggest features, report bugs, and discuss matters related to the website and the forum.
lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Re: Updating a forum always brings oddness

Post by lune ellise »

philipgar wrote:Does anyone know what happened to all the avatars? It seems like the database containing them is no longer working properly.
Yup - I noticed this too.I thought it was just my browser...

I like the new interface - but I do prefer the one before this. It looked more sleek somehow (I'm referring to the colors and shapes, it was sharper then).

What I really like in the new interface is the in-thread search feature. It wasn't there last time, right?

I also like the back to top link. It's very useful. The options are also well placed, it doesn't clutter anymore. The "tabs" are also cool.

What I really missed is the view active posts link on every forum page. :geek:
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

After the upgrade, the forum stopped recognizing the avatars that had been uploaded. They're all still here, though, and you can visit the following link to grab yours and restore it manually:

http://www.enterthesoulasylum.com/other/avatars/
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

I've restored the old forum style since I realized the new style was more cluttered than it appeared at first. If you liked the new one, it's still possible to choose it for yourself in User Control Panel > Board preferences > My board style.

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

Now it seems that every topic on the forum is listed as unread...

Phil

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

my avatar disappeared and is not showing on that avatar link. Not that that's an issue as I have it somewhere (one of my many computers I use)...
Homesick wrote:After the upgrade, the forum stopped recognizing the avatars that had been uploaded. They're all still here, though, and you can visit the following link to grab yours and restore it manually:

http://www.enterthesoulasylum.com/other/avatars/
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

When you chose your avatar, did you upload it or merely link to it? There are three options: upload from computer, upload from URL, and link to URL. If you chose the last one, it won't be in the list.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

philipgar wrote:Now it seems that every topic on the forum is listed as unread...

Phil
phil (and anybody else with that Q) i found in each sub-forum on the top right an option to mark all as read. but not on the main forum page.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

zany wrote:phil (and anybody else with that Q) i found in each sub-forum on the top right an option to mark all as read. but not on the main forum page.
Its still on the main forum page; just a little oddly placed. Its right below the "Website and Forum Feedback" section of the forum (in the center of the page).
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

ahhh very sneaky placement there at the bottom. good tip.
n