New Jayhawks album in the works!!!

Discuss Golden Smog, The Volunteers, The O'Jeez, and any other bands related to Soul Asylum.
philipgar
O'Jeezer

New Jayhawks album in the works!!!

Post by philipgar »

I know there's been a lot of speculation about this, with the reunited jayhawks playing shows, as well as gary and marks duo album, but this is the first news suggesting that this is more than just a small thing: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/68404/238413 .

I'm incredibly excited about this, I love the 'hawks, and love the idea of them making new material into the future. They all seem really excited about this reunion, and I'm so glad that a new album will come out of it. I doubt they'll be recording at the same pace they once did, as I imagine many of them will still have a solo career going on, and they likely won't tour like they once did, but this is just so awesome to hear about.

Phil

ghettogold
Inmate

Re: New Jayhawks album in the works!!!

Post by ghettogold »

a soul asylum/jayhawks concert would be so very great!

Sometime to Return
Social Butterfly

Post by Sometime to Return »

1st Avenue has really had some really good concerts recently... The Reverend Horton Heat, Richard Thompson, Cloud Cult, Atmosphere, Ike Reilly, The Replacements tribute, Soul Asylum coming and now the Jayhawks (again)...

Jayhawks to tour behind January reissues:

With reissues of their two best-known albums coming in January, the Jayhawks have announced a short five-city tour that will culminate with another First Ave gig on Jan. 29. Tickets will go on sale Friday at prices to be announced. The lineup will be the same mid-'90s cast that played three First Ave concerts in June (priced $25), including co-leaders Mark Olson and Gary Louris, bassist Marc Perlman, drummer Tim O'Reagan and keyboardist Karen Grotberg.
“…I graduate with my PHD in 8-9 months; then I become Dr. Phil.”
A quote from our own..Phil (philipgar)
Gluek's 12/17/2010.

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

Sometime to Return wrote:1st Avenue has really had some really good concerts recently... The Reverend Horton Heat, Richard Thompson, Cloud Cult, Atmosphere, Ike Reilly, The Replacements tribute, Soul Asylum coming and now the Jayhawks (again)...

Jayhawks to tour behind January reissues:

With reissues of their two best-known albums coming in January, the Jayhawks have announced a short five-city tour that will culminate with another First Ave gig on Jan. 29. Tickets will go on sale Friday at prices to be announced. The lineup will be the same mid-'90s cast that played three First Ave concerts in June (priced $25), including co-leaders Mark Olson and Gary Louris, bassist Marc Perlman, drummer Tim O'Reagan and keyboardist Karen Grotberg.
Tickets are onsale today for their Jan 29th show at First Avenue, so I am adding the Ticketmaster link to this thread to remind anyone interested that they can buy their tickets today:

http://ntr.ticketmaster.com/ssp3/?Z=Qz0 ... 83MzUzNzk=

Actually, that link also loads up several East Coast January dates for them as well, 2 in New York, 1 in Philly, and 1 in Toronto.
dells

Look into your heart before it sees its final hour
Live today like there is no tomorrow
- wise advice from the brilliant Dave Pirner

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

:) :) :) :) :)

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

Just figured I'd post that the first single for the album is out at http://minnesota.publicradio.org/collec ... ayha.shtml. I love the song, such a new sound.... you add the glorious G&M harmonies to the amazing sounds the Jayhawks had been making, and wow.. I just love it. I can't wait to hear the band play this one at summerfest in a few weeks!!!

Phil

ghettogold
Inmate

Post by ghettogold »

the Jayhawks are set to come and play our folk festival in Vancouver the same weekend I am off to see Soul Asylum play in Nakusp, B.C.