The Replacements: Live video from 1981

Discuss Golden Smog, The Volunteers, The O'Jeez, and any other bands related to Soul Asylum.
norma023
O'Jeezer

The Replacements: Live video from 1981

Post by norma023 »

first time for me seeing some of this, hope it's not hum drum for any/all the 'mats fans here

but wow, holy sh*t !!!

http://www.gloriousnoise.com/links/2008 ... n_1981.php
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

Sometime to Return
Social Butterfly

Post by Sometime to Return »

It never ceases to amaze the stuff I find on this website. Once I get past turning the computer on; I am useless. Call me computer challenged; I would have no idea on how to find that video.

Anyway; thanks for the post, I am a huge Replacments fan and loved seeing this video.
“…I graduate with my PHD in 8-9 months; then I become Dr. Phil.”
A quote from our own..Phil (philipgar)
Gluek's 12/17/2010.

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Re: The Replacements: Live video from 1981

Post by philipgar »

norma023 wrote:first time for me seeing some of this, hope it's not hum drum for any/all the 'mats fans here

but wow, holy sh*t !!!

http://www.gloriousnoise.com/links/2008 ... n_1981.php
It's weird watching a video that old. I can hardly even tell that that is paul singing. Actually, it could be someone else and I wouldn't know. Guess I'm too used to the Paul of the last 10-15 years.

Of course, the biggest change in that band is tommy. Wow, he was so young in there. I guess he was what 14 in that video (i know someone mentioned it on the fanpage thread, but I can't remember).

It's always kind of amusing to see these old videos. The bands have changed so much since then.

Phil

pathorses
O'Jeezer

Post by pathorses »

There are soooo many things I could say about that video but I have to ask: was Tommy a blonde or was that a punk thing???

Thanks for sharing!
Pat

Atticusdog
Runaway

Post by Atticusdog »

Todd you can download all of these at the twintone site .pretty good quality actually