My band's new MUSIC VIDEO was released last week!

Talk about movies, cars, food, or anything else that catches your fancy.
TravisSaves
Social Butterfly

My band's new MUSIC VIDEO was released last week!

Post by TravisSaves »

Hey, fellow Soul Asylum fans!

I'm a huge Soul Asylum fan from Long Island, NY who plays in a band called We're All Just Passing Through. Our new music video was released last week and I'd love for you to check it out. Feel free to give me your honest feedback.

Thanks, and Happy Holidays!

-Travis

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WobNfFw_uFA[/youtube]
http://www.facebook.com/werealljustpassingthrough
http://twitter.com/wajpt

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Re: My band's new MUSIC VIDEO was released last week!

Post by Monolith Maniac »

I like the song, but I think the video is even cooler. Who's idea was it?

I thought the beginning was clever how it looked like you were just sitting down on a bench then all of a sudden being taken away on a wagon (I assume)... that was neat.

What my favorite thing about the video was how the whole thing is done in one complete shot without any cuts. I like the cut outs you made going along to the lyrics, that was a nice touch.

How many times (if any) did you have to start over and retake the video? I could see myself getting maybe through 3/4 of the way or more of through the song and messing up (either messing up on the lines or bursting out laughing due to singing at the camera)... "Okay, drive back; take 23". :P

All in all, nice song, and very cool video.

Keep up the good work!
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

TravisSaves
Social Butterfly

Post by TravisSaves »

Thank you so very much for the kind words, Monolith Maniac!

The video concept was created by my friend, who also directed the video. I knew I wanted a cute, fun video and his idea fit the song perfectly, in my opinion. My wife created the cut-out props which I thought added an additional fun element.

And yes, it was all in one shot. We were actually on the back of a pick-up truck, sitting on a bench for the entire video! Somehow we only did three full takes of filming! We rehearsed the night before which helped with the whole process. I think by the time we arrived at the location and wrapped up filming, only an hour and 15 minutes had past. Must have been the quickest video shoot in history!

Thanks again for checking out the video and giving me your feedback. I truly appreciate it! Soul Asylum is my favorite band of all-time, so thinking a fan of theirs digs a song I wrote, is incredible to me!

spodiba
Social Butterfly

Post by spodiba »

Hahaha, this video was so cool! :D I agree with Maniac, it's a real nice concept. And a nice, feel good song, appropriate for these holidays (ok, holidays that are now behind us...) Again, I have to tell you this (I know I commented on it before, on your other songs) but the song, and other songs of yours for that matter, and especially your voice remind of the Beatles. I hope you don't mind me saying that, I mean it in a good way

TravisSaves
Social Butterfly

Post by TravisSaves »

Thanks so much, spodiba! And seriously, thanks for ALWAYS checking out my music. It's greatly appreciated!

Thinking there's any resemblance in my music to The Beatles, is a true compliment.

Thanks again, and Happy New Year! :D

TravisSaves
Social Butterfly

Post by TravisSaves »

I wanted to send a collective THANK YOU to everyone who checked out the video! The response has been great and I couldn't be more appreciative.

If you're interested in downloading a FREE copy of my bands newest EP, you can here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ie85pxzgsbcx6xj

Thanks again! :D

-Travis