How old are you?

Talk about movies, cars, food, or anything else that catches your fancy.

How old are you?

15 or younger
5%
16-25
22%
26-35
41%
36-50
31%
51 or older
2%

Total votes: 64

Homesick
Warden

How old are you?

Post by Homesick »

It's been my impression so far that many of the diehard fans of Soul Asylum are actually hardened veterans who have stayed with the band one way or the other since pre-GDU days. On the other hand, I'd like to think that the band has also managed to recruit some new people and don't just keep playing for the same old crowd. ;)

Since online polls are always fun, I figured it'd be fun to see some indication of the age of the people who hang around this corner of the web. I've divided up the options into a bunch of age groups that I hope aren't too broad nor too narrow. If any of the groups get too crowded, we can always split them up into smaller pieces.

If you feel like it, you can also specify your exact age in the thread. Me, I'm 20, going on 21 in two weeks.
Last edited by Homesick on Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

I'm 25 going on (I think :roll: ) 26 in September.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

g8trcarol
Caged Rat

Post by g8trcarol »

OMIGOD! Jakob! My oldest son is going to be 21 in May! You're going to send me running to the bathroom mirror, searching for grey hair! I'm 41.

Peace,
Carol

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

g8trcarol wrote:OMIGOD! Jakob! My oldest son is going to be 21 in May! You're going to send me running to the bathroom mirror, searching for grey hair! I'm 41.

Peace,
Carol
This whole thing reminds me of me when the o'jeez club started. I think I was 16 or something back then, and regularly joked that I was the youngest fan around. I know there were a few younger at the time, but not too many. I don't think SA really appeals to kids anymore. They may have some in '92/93, but many of them didn't stick around. It's great seeing so many (all 10 or whatever of them) young people who love SA. I really think they push the band, and that's great.

For the record, I'm currently 25, so I think I'm in the young crowd. I always tend to get that feeling at shows at least. On the plus side, at SA shows I don't feel near as old as I do when I see other bands.

Phil

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

clammers
Social Butterfly

Post by clammers »

35 for a few more months
"...and who is the hound at the downtown dog pound who speaks english when the watchman's not in sight?"

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

38, with a 5 year old son that keeps me young. Besides, I'm still younger than Dave and Danny, so I can't be that old! :wink:

Tracy

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

I am newly 30. I'm not sure if that puts me in the "old" or "young" SA fan group.

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

I'm 44, which puts me squarely in the "older than dirt" category.

pathorses
O'Jeezer

Post by pathorses »

sheryl wrote:I'm 44, which puts me squarely in the "older than dirt" category.
Love it!!!!!! I am, however, "dirtier" than you!!
Pat