If Soul Asylum were...

Talk about movies, cars, food, or anything else that catches your fancy.
Homesick
Warden

If Soul Asylum were...

Post by Homesick »

For those of us who enjoy posting games (me included), here's another one: If Soul Asylum were a [BLANK], what would they be?

The person who replies answers the question and then poses a new one. For example:
If Soul Asylum were a season, what season would they be?
And the answer would look something like this:
Early fall, because there's a degree of dim sadness to their music, but still enough warmth that it makes you smile.
Also, feel free to ask questions about particular albums or band members, like my first one:

If Dave were an animal, what kind of animal would he be?
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Re: If Soul Asylum were...

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Homesick wrote:If Dave were an animal, what kind of animal would he be?
First one that pops into my head would be a horse or a caged rat (for obvious reasons). But I might have to go with a duck, possibly because there was one on the Horse poster. Having that duck on the album poster (not to mention the other variations of covers that album has) shows what type of humor Dave (and the other guys) have. It's corny/cheesy in a good way. I guess you could say its like Howard the Duck (if you've seen that movie, I'm sure you know what I mean). Of course the best way to see that humor is in Dave's jokes that he tells at the concerts. :P

Next question: If Soul Asylum were a mode of transportation, what would they be?
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

Monolith Maniac wrote:Next question: If Soul Asylum were a mode of transportation, what would they be?
A somewhat beat-up '65 Mustang convertible. Unpretentious but cool. Can switch from manual to automatic and back depending on how you want to drive. Has developed idiosyncratic surprises like when the right turn signal comes on, the radio switches stations and when the left turn signal comes on, so do the windshield wipers. Looks a little ragged, but is fun at every speed, just like Soul Asylum.

Next question: If each member of Soul Asylum were a beverage, which beverage would each guy be?
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

CrazyLittleWoman wrote:If each member of Soul Asylum were a beverage, which beverage would each guy be?
Well, Dave would be a glass of orange juice, obviously, if only because he's "good for you"...

Pat Morley would be a fizzy drink, but not your average fizzy drink; he'd be the kind that someone has shaken before opening, so that it bubbles up in your mouth and then into your nose. I think that's a fair methaphor, given the way he beats those drums on Say What You Will—it's unlike anything I've heard before. I admit that it sounded kind of horrible at first, but so did all of SWYW. ;)

As for Dan, I don't think it matters what kind of beverage he'd be. After all, it'd be a broken glass anyway.

(Okay, sorry for all the tacky song references. Those answers were all I could think of right now, so feel free to add any suggestions of your own.)

Next question: If Soul Asylum were superheroes, what would their powers be?
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

Homesick wrote:(Okay, sorry for all the tacky song references. Those answers were all I could think of right now, so feel free to add any suggestions of your own.)
I liked the song references. They made me smile. :D

Even if Dan served it in a broken glass, wouldn't he turn blood into wine? (I may have done that a few times myself. All it leads to is a bad liver and a broken heart. Just ask Tom Waits. :wink: )

Still thinking over the new question, but it's a good one. I keep coming back to something to do with the hair for Dave and chewing gum for Dan, but I'm not sure how to connect them to a superpower. :?
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

Homesick wrote:If Soul Asylum were superheroes, what would their powers be?
Dave is "super-strong,and super-naked"
Karl "flies like thunder"
Dan has "temper as bad as his odor" (sorry Dan, I know you have no B.O.)
Grant would have "the power to melt"

Anyone can guess where I got that from? Whoever can answer correctly gets a cookie :mrgreen:

My question: If members of Soul Asylum were members of other bands, who would each be and what band would each belong to? [no repetition of a band please]
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

yollocalli
Lone Rider

Post by yollocalli »

Action League? May I have my cookie now?? :D

I'm still thinking about the question, I'd be easier for me if I had seen SA live anytime...but that's not my case. So I guess the question is still open, just wanted my cookie.
Rastlos...

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

yollocalli wrote:May I have my cookie now?? :D
I'll PM you for the cookie...

------GAME UPDATE-----

If members of Soul Asylum were members of other bands, who would each be and what band would each belong to? [no repetition of a band please]
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

CrazyLittleWoman wrote:Dave is "super-strong,and super-naked"
Karl "flies like thunder"
Dan has "temper as bad as his odor" (sorry Dan, I know you have no B.O.)
Grant would have "the power to melt"

Anyone can guess where I got that from? Whoever can answer correctly gets a cookie
Action League Now! I know the girl above me already answered but I knew it anyway. Ah, I miss old 90's Nickelodean.

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

AlyssaJones wrote:Ah, I miss old 90's Nickelodean.
We all miss anything from the 90s - like SOUL ASYLUM!!!

------GAME UPDATE-----

If members of Soul Asylum were members of other bands, who would each be and what band would each belong to? [no repetition of a band please]