New Radiohead album In Rainbows out today

Talk about movies, cars, food, or anything else that catches your fancy.
no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

New Radiohead album In Rainbows out today

Post by no1rockfan »

Anyone else a Radiohead fan? They really caught my fancy in '93 and I've loved almost eveything they've done. This new album is just as interesting as the others, and a bit more easy to sing on most songs. That is, if you have any idea what Thom is singing! It's OK with me to just go with the melody, because I say he uses his voice like an instrument, which means he bends it, changes it in all kinds of ways, and generally makes excellent music with it.

If you're interested, you can pay nothing if you want for the album. It's located at http://www.inrainbows.com

- -I mention that website because I had to search a bit for it today. It's definitely worth a listen, even if just for background music. I know I will listen to it for months when going to bed. It's that soothing. That's one thing that Thom has similar to Dave -- he can make the worst lyric sound so good that you don't always catch the jist of it until later when you've figured out the lyrics.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

I'm not so much of a Radiohead fan, but I did liked a few of their songs (Karma Police, Paranoid Android) on their 1997 album OK Computer. I think it's pretty cool on what they're doing with their new album. It seems that they are going a similar route as Trent Reznor/Nine Inch Nails did with their album Year Zero earlier this year.

I found this out earlier today about the album In Rainbows, which I thought was probably worth noting.

Jim

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

Monolith Maniac wrote:I'm not so much of a Radiohead fan, but I did liked I think it's pretty cool on what they're doing with their new album. It seems that they are going a similar route as Trent Reznor/Nine Inch Nails did with their album Year Zero earlier this year.

I found this out earlier today about the album In Rainbows, which I thought was probably worth noting.

Jim
That is the craziest article I've seen regarding this! It even tells you on the order site that the download is free with the box set.

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

Finally downloaded this last night. Strange that it took me so long because I'm a pretty big Radiohead fan. I've only listened to it a couple of times, and I wasn't sure what I was in for when I heard the first track, but I'm liking it. Current favorites are Jigsaw Falling into Place, Nude, All I Need, and House of Cards.

Funny to think they opened for Soul Asylum ten years ago. Just another one of the bills I wish I could go back in time to see.
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

Miss Fitt 2 wrote:Finally downloaded this last night. Strange that it took me so long because I'm a pretty big Radiohead fan. I've only listened to it a couple of times, and I wasn't sure what I was in for when I heard the first track, but I'm liking it. Current favorites are Jigsaw Falling into Place, Nude, All I Need, and House of Cards.

Funny to think they opened for Soul Asylum ten years ago. Just another one of the bills I wish I could go back in time to see.
House of Cards is definitely my favorite, but I like the songs where Thom sounds like a female soul singer. Love that falsetto!

About the gig, I think it would definitely be more than 10 yrs ago. Can you verify the year on that?

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

no1rockfan wrote: House of Cards is definitely my favorite, but I like the songs where Thom sounds like a female soul singer. Love that falsetto!

About the gig, I think it would definitely be more than 10 yrs ago. Can you verify the year on that?
I think it was 1995 or 1996, actually. I remember that Radiohead's equipment was stolen when they played together in Denver and Soul Asylum had to lend them their gear.
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

Fall of 1995 was the tour with Radiohead. Here's a link for that (gotta click on each show to see who else played, look at the Oct dates).

http://www.greenplastic.com/gigography/ ... rDate=DESC

I myself have never gotten into these guys, maybe I should give them a listen again...

More power to them for offering up their recent release as a download and "pay if you see fit" option", certainly hope it works out for them too!
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

"Gigography"? That's a funny name.

You think our show section should be called that when it's done, or should we just go with the more generic "Shows" heading?
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

thread jack!

"shows" is just fine

:)
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over