annoying new girl

Talk about movies, cars, food, or anything else that catches your fancy.
stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

Re: annoying new girl

Post by stuck_in_the_90s »

Homesick wrote:Wow. I actually didn't read even half of this huge thread, but I just couldn't resist personally welcoming someone who describes herself as the "annoying new girl." ;) I'm the webmaster, and you can bet I would have posted here earlier if I hadn't been without an internet connection for over a week. I'm amazed at how the band as well as the site keep attracting new members—especially people as young as you. As for any alleged annyoingness, I don't think you need to worry about that here. Welcome to the community!
It's nice to know that no one here finds me annoying, well at least no that's admitted it. Most people who have met me tend to describe me as annoying.
I blame myself partially for this thread being so long. I basically reply with an essay to each individual comment. I have been known to write essays over and over again for fun. Of course, to blame myself for this whole thing would be stupid on my behalf because if it were totally my fault, I'd just be talking to myself. I have done that before, too. Several times a day, but really who doesn't. It's not like I'm crazy or anything. No, I'm not crazy, no matter what those other people say!!!(not you guys, mostly my sister saying that I'm "obsessive")

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

Well, somebody who actually goes around saying that people are annoying is likely quite annoying himself. I've met several people who have gone to great lengths to describe how odd, stupid, or annoying someone else is, when they themselves are in fact the obnoxious ones.

As for obsessiveness: Depending on how you choose to look at it, it's a survival trait as long as it's not taken overboard. In fact, when a celebrity has it, it's called "dedication" or "creative genius." ;)
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

you're reminding me so much of me and not just the shared name. i totally know i am annoying but figure everybody is in their own way and found people that will put up w/ me and appreciate them for it. :)
also glad you've been replying cuz i'm having the most boring labor day weekend ever so glad to have something new to read on here once in awhile today :)

stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

zany wrote:you're reminding me so much of me and not just the shared name. i totally know i am annoying but figure everybody is in their own way and found people that will put up w/ me and appreciate them for it. :)
also glad you've been replying cuz i'm having the most boring labor day weekend ever so glad to have something new to read on here once in awhile today :)
Oh, so am I, only make that the most boring summer ever. If you've read the rest of this thread, you'll know that I don't get out much and don't communicate to the outside world much either. Plus, you'll also know that Lune Ellise thinks that I'm like her too. It gets a bit annoying to be described as someone else though. This year a sixth grader in the hall pulled me over and asked if I was the art teacher's daughter. Someone else asked that same question twice. I don't blame the sixth grader. I do look like her and he didn't know my last name, but the other person who asked me twice knows my last name and I have told him before that I am not her daughter and am in no way related to her. The worst part of it is that on Wednesday I'll be going to a school full of teachers that remember my brother and sister. Just yesterday I was out with my sister in a bookstore and we were pulled over by the man that takes students to Broadway musicals(he's a retired teacher). I'm guessing that even though I'm a straight A student, I'm going to start this school year with a bad reputation.(something about my brother saying the f-word to a teacher)

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

ugh my older brother was popular and also got into trouble a lot and i wasAlways hearing "are you so-and-so's sister??" "yeeeessss... "
kind of annoying but the teacher's get over it pretty quickly. it's just first meetings usually. and they're pretty quick to realize you're an A student and if you don't swear at them things should go well :) good luck though

i don't even remember what i did summers when i was in school ... i hate being bored so i wonder how i handled it. i did have a friend in bike-riding distance which was really great. we probably just watched tv all day and night.

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

stuck_in_the_90s wrote:Plus, you'll also know that Lune Ellise thinks that I'm like her too. It gets a bit annoying to be described as someone else though. This year a sixth grader in the hall pulled me over and asked if I was the art teacher's daughter. Someone else asked that same question twice. I don't blame the sixth grader. I do look like her and he didn't know my last name, but the other person who asked me twice knows my last name and I have told him before that I am not her daughter and am in no way related to her. The worst part of it is that on Wednesday I'll be going to a school full of teachers that remember my brother and sister. Just yesterday I was out with my sister in a bookstore and we were pulled over by the man that takes students to Broadway musicals(he's a retired teacher). I'm guessing that even though I'm a straight A student, I'm going to start this school year with a bad reputation.(something about my brother saying the f-word to a teacher)
When I was in college, there was a guy in the same school but with a different major who had the same last name as mine. People were constantly asking me if I was related to him. I wasn't. In fact, I never met him once in four years of college! It really annoyed me. Then someone suggested that every time someone asked me if I was related to this guy, I should say, "Yes, he's my husband." Then everyone would start telling the guy, "I met your wife the other day." That way maybe he would set everyone straight and they'd stop bugging me.

That might not work in your situation, though.
Last edited by CrazyLittleWoman on Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

zany wrote:ugh my older brother was popular and also got into trouble a lot and i wasAlways hearing "are you so-and-so's sister??" "yeeeessss... "
kind of annoying but the teacher's get over it pretty quickly. it's just first meetings usually. and they're pretty quick to realize you're an A student and if you don't swear at them things should go well :) good luck though

i don't even remember what i did summers when i was in school ... i hate being bored so i wonder how i handled it. i did have a friend in bike-riding distance which was really great. we probably just watched tv all day and night.
I've actually already met the nurse and she said "oh, you're Nicole insert last name here. You had a brother, Ken, right? And you had a sister,too. What was her name again?" Then about a minute later "Oh yes, I remember now! You're sister was Jacki!" Ken makes a lasting impression on you! He was really popular, but he's not a bad person. He has problems with his anger, but he has been described as a genius. I think that he's either going to be a professor a science fiction writer. I don't know which one he's chosen yet, if anything.
I only have one friend that lives close enough to walk to. She lives near the middle school and I live near the high school, but she's on vacation and I don't know when she's at her mom's or at her dad's place. The bad thing about living near the high school, well not really bad except in winter and rain, is that now those of us who live within half a mile of the school we go to have to walk because of fuel costs. I just hope that there's no huge snowfall or a horrible rainstorm!

stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

CrazyLittleWoman wrote:
stuck_in_the_90s wrote:Plus, you'll also know that Lune Ellise thinks that I'm like her too. It gets a bit annoying to be described as someone else though. This year a sixth grader in the hall pulled me over and asked if I was the art teacher's daughter. Someone else asked that same question twice. I don't blame the sixth grader. I do look like her and he didn't know my last name, but the other person who asked me twice knows my last name and I have told him before that I am not her daughter and am in no way related to her. The worst part of it is that on Wednesday I'll be going to a school full of teachers that remember my brother and sister. Just yesterday I was out with my sister in a bookstore and we were pulled over by the man that takes students to Broadway musicals(he's a retired teacher). I'm guessing that even though I'm a straight A student, I'm going to start this school year with a bad reputation.(something about my brother saying the f-word to a teacher)
When I was in college, there was a guy in the same school but with a different major who had the same last name as mine. People were constantly asking me if I was related to him. I wasn't. In fact, I never met him once in four years of collere! It really annoyed me. Then someone suggested that every time someone asked me if I was related to this guy, I should say, "Yes, he's my husband." Then everyone would start telling the guy, "I met your wife the other day." That way maybe he would set everyone straight and they'd stop bugging me.

That might not work in your situation, though.
Probably not because no one in my school has my last name and I'm a bit young to be married, but luckily I'm no longer going to be in the same school as that art teacher. The weird thing is, people also describe me as having the same personality as her. I wonder how many people are out there that look like Sara Gilbert and have her personality!! Is there a club or something because I could definitely be a member!

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

you can start a sara gilbert lookalike club and find out.

i'm never confused for somebody else except once in HS at an event at another school some girls came up to me and said "oh my god you look identical to our friend" and took me to her, and yeah she looked kinda like me but not that much.

stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

zany wrote:you can start a sara gilbert lookalike club and find out.

i'm never confused for somebody else except once in HS at an event at another school some girls came up to me and said "oh my god you look identical to our friend" and took me to her, and yeah she looked kinda like me but not that much.
I don't look much like Sara Gilbert either, except we both have dark hair. Mine isn't curly, though. I have a similar personality to that of Darlene on Roseanne, though, but I don't think that I would ever write a comic book. Or smoke, or run off with Winnie the Pooh at Disney World.