what song would you like to see on RockBand?

Talk about movies, cars, food, or anything else that catches your fancy.
zany
Social Butterfly

Re: what song would you like to see on RockBand?

Post by zany »

i think that's why i hate most video games - because i never got a chance to use ours growing up due to my brothers hogging it. the few times i'd play them i'd stink because i never played and they'd totally crush me. so it made it no fun to play and get beaten so bad all the time.
i don't like ddr either...

stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

Post by stuck_in_the_90s »

zany wrote:i think that's why i hate most video games - because i never got a chance to use ours growing up due to my brothers hogging it. the few times i'd play them i'd stink because i never played and they'd totally crush me. so it made it no fun to play and get beaten so bad all the time.
i don't like ddr either...
The only game I've EVER beaten is Paper Mario. The original one for Nintendo 64, but I'm almost done with the second one. I probably would have finished that one if my sister didn't feel the need to move it into her room, which wouldn't be that bad because we have the Wii, but it only worked with a Gamecube game once, plus the big screen in the living room where the Wii is now broken. Something about it's circuits getting hit by lightning so now it looks like a three dimensional movie when you take off the glasses, but I do have a few extra pairs of those glasses and it makes it a little bit better. I've also started the third Paper Mario, but as I have said I can't actually use the Wii currently(okay, I could if I really wanted to, just too lazy to move it.).
It's not just the threat of older siblings that keeps me away from video games, though. It's the thought of dying in that video game that keeps me away. I'm a big wuss. It's pathetic really. I probably could beat the games if I wasn't so afraid of them. I have played MarioKart, which I love and bring over my cousin's house every year for Thanksgiving. The weird thing is, I'm not scared of Super Smash Bros. Not any of the three. We actually own all three, I own the one for the Wii, but I have yet to try the original one. My cousin and his cousin have never played any of them, and I'm bringing the one for Gamecube over this year. I tend to beat them, which I'm guessing they don't like because I'm a girl, but I am two years older than my cousin and one year older than his cousin. I hope none of you think less of me because of my weird fear(I'm also afraid of honey that is being held by any of my sister's friends).

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

everybody has irrational fears.

i am afraid of dogs - i think it's perfectly rational, but i've found that if i explain it to the owners as an 'irrational fear of dogs' they just pity me and put more effort into keeping them away from me.
(i'm getting better i can handle the small ones now)

anyways.... anybody ever seen this movie "Once" ? just watching it now. good so far

stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

zany wrote:everybody has irrational fears.

i am afraid of dogs - i think it's perfectly rational, but i've found that if i explain it to the owners as an 'irrational fear of dogs' they just pity me and put more effort into keeping them away from me.
I love dogs! I have a nine year old black lab, and as I have said in another thread she has a brain tumor. I don't like small dogs much. They're really annoying and not nearly as friendly as other dogs. My Pepper really gets along with everyone. She probably wouldn't be able to scare off a burglar, though, except for the fact that she never stops barking.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

hey since we're rambling agian i'm going to reply to this post in our "annoying new girl" thread since that's all us rambling anyways... see you there

stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

zany wrote:hey since we're rambling agian i'm going to reply to this post in our "annoying new girl" thread since that's all us rambling anyways... see you there
That makes a lot of sense. It seems as though us Nicoles just seem to go off on tangents. Of course that is always fun!

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

anyways.... anybody ever seen this movie "Once" ? just watching it now. good so far
Finally, I meet another person who's afraid of dogs! I need to try your method of explaining to owners. :)

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

I saw it at the theatre. I really liked it.
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

Somebody posted about this on the band's MySpace, and I have to say I agree with that comment: Somebody To Shove would be a brilliant choice. I haven't actually played Rock Band, but the possibility of rocking out to the drum beat and guitar solo in Somebody To Shove would definitely spur me to try it out.

Rock Band doesn't have a vocal part, does it? If it does, my top song suggestion would be Masquerade. ;)

Also, I agree with Monolith Maniac about Guitar Hero: All the King's Friends would be way cool!
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

rock band DOES have a singing part!!! it has guitar, drums and microphone and you can plug in 2 guitars at once and one can do the bass part.

after listening to while you were out all day while i was driving around today i've decided i really want to play the drums for closer to the stars on rock band now. and sing too. it's really fast but i'd get good at it eventually....