Happy Mardi Gras!

Talk about movies, cars, food, or anything else that catches your fancy.
sheryl
Social Butterfly

Happy Mardi Gras!

Post by sheryl »

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Re: Happy Mardi Gras!

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

Thanks for sharing these photos -- I loved all those great costumes.

I'm so envious of you. How lucky to be right there in the midst of all the fun! :D
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

Thanks for the photos, Sheryl.

Would this happen to be Eli, by any chance? I've only seen Eli once, but this kid sure looks like a Dave Jr.:
http://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z110 ... C_0424.jpg

dells

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

Looks like a fun time was had by all!! Thanks for the pics..

And dells I don't believe that is Eli...the boys got the hair for it, but to me it doesn't look like him.

Rusty
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

I heard there were some people hit by gunfire at Mardi Gras. :( I'm glad our board members are ok.

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

It's a ton of fun to be in the middle of all of this! I was actually standing in the road in my pj's and socks taking those pictures. At one point I was literally surrounded. It was awesome! :)

Nope, that's not Eli. Last mardi gras Eli made the cover of the bywater neighbors association newsletter, though ;)

Shootings on the parade route at Mardi gras are, I'm told, almost traditional, and that the two incidents this year made it a slow year as far as violence goes. I'm not sure about that. There was something on the news about it and someone said that historically people would hold grudges all year and then get revenge during parades during carnival because they knew where they could find the people they were after, dispatch them and then disappear into the crowd, so that stories of shootings during the parades go back around a hundred years.
It's all about where you stand, they say.