article i found reguarding Golden Smog

Discuss Golden Smog, The Volunteers, The O'Jeez, and any other bands related to Soul Asylum.
PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Re: article i found reguarding Golden Smog

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

A little something from today's paper :D

http://www.startribune.com/entertainmen ... 70184.html

I'm going tonight! Anyone else??? Gospel Gossip opens tonight, Red Pens tomorrow.

Tracy
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

so jealous ! have fun

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

:D What an amazing show Friday night! Marc Perman sang Love is The Drug by Roxy Music. Ed Ackerson, Janie Winterbauer and Jim Boquist all got on stage. Just incredible! Who was there Friday and who went Saturday?
Attachments
j1.jpg
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

thanks so much for sharing the picture! i hope i can see them some day. :)

p.s. just saw that somebody on jayhawks fan board posted a pic of the setlist:
http://www.jayhawksfanpage.com/boards/a ... 1303084451

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

I went, both nights! Awesome weekend of music that's for sure! First night started out a bit slow, kinda rough even but by mid set they were getting into their groove and there were a couple Kraigy songs I remember around mid set first night where I turned to my buddy afterward and more or less said OMFG!! Good stuff. And that was just the first night, the warm up rehearsal night too :mrgreen:

The second night was awesome! The special guests the 2nd night were Jim Boquist and Ed Ackerson (no Janey). Awesome stuff all around is all I can say. I will have to say that I do like the more rocked out GS than the light and fluffy stuff (I guess the sans Tweedy vs w/Tweedy). But when Kraig cranks out songs like Beautiful Mind, Fryin Pan Eyes, Revolution Blues, Powder Finger, all I can say that is some damn fine Rockin' Smog IMO (or maybe I just miss those KJJP shows).

To me I thought the ticket prices were a bit high for these shows (but still a lot cheaper than tickets for arena shows and such), but that was a very nice treat to see these guys in a bit smaller of a venue. But quite honestly, I don't mind when bands (local or not) pick other places than First Ave to play at, places like the Fine Line and the Varsity come to mind for other competing venues in town that I wish more bands (I like to see) would play at.....

Anyway, great shows!!
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

theswine
Runaway

Post by theswine »

I waw there Saturday night. The band was terriffic, very tight and seemed to be enjoying themselves. The crowd was very into it, singing along to every song, even the more obscure ones. The knot of fans in front of me was moving with such abandon that they spilled some of my beer - hate to lose good beer, but at least it was for a good cause. It was a great, great show.