More tour dates in the works for the fall?

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
mrsromek
Inmate

More tour dates in the works for the fall?

Post by mrsromek »

Has anyone heard or know of any future dates being announced? I'm still waiting for the Chicago date!!!

crawl
Social Butterfly

Re: More tour dates in the works for the fall?

Post by crawl »

Second that emoticon :$ R we a 2nd class city now? So it is not manhattan or NO or CA but we could be slipping....

TravisSaves
Social Butterfly

Post by TravisSaves »

If Soul Asylum ever plays a small club on Long Island, I'd be thrilled!

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

They were also going to make up for those cancelled European gigs from last year, but that seemed unlikely to begin with.

I thought that after the release of an album they would do a proper tour or something, and not just a few gigs here and there, like they usually do.

Educatrix
Caged Rat

Post by Educatrix »

TravisSaves wrote:If Soul Asylum ever plays a small club on Long Island, I'd be thrilled!
I actually mentioned that to Dan while up in CT to see them at Infinity and Mohegan Sun; he was...noncommittal, let's say. I think they'd do well at Ollie's Point, maybe - or with an opener at the Paramount. They did play Mulcahy's back in the mid 1990s.

Funny story: After I remarked to Dan that they should play here, he did a kinda dead-on Long Island accent - very funny. When I laughingly protested that "We don't talk like that!", he smiled and replied, "You're right - we don't!".

mrsromek
Inmate

Post by mrsromek »

Perhaps the guys are waiting for Tommy to be done with Axl & co until more dates are announced?

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

Nah, I doubt that's the case. That's never stopped them before.

I do miss Tommy though. Winston's great, but he's not Tommy :(

EL DANGEROSO
Social Butterfly

Post by EL DANGEROSO »

AlyssaJones wrote:Nah, I doubt that's the case. That's never stopped them before.

I do miss Tommy though. Winston's great, but he's not Tommy :(
somebody needs to tell tommy axl's no dave.lol

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

EL DANGEROSO wrote:somebody needs to tell tommy axl's no dave.lol
Honestly. I try not to be too hard on Axl Rose in public forums, but he's just...so... ughh. He's SUCH a diva, and I know he's a good person and reportedly a nice guy, but come on, Dave/Soul Asylum is so much cooler. They might not play giant soccer stadiums in exotic locations, but christ, at least they make it onstage on time. They say that the big delays that happen aren't Axl's fault and it's "the production," but that just makes it even worse. Okay, so instead of having to blame ONE person, we now have to blame the entire crew. What kind of monkeys do you have to have working that show to screw it up so badly so many times?

But anyway, getting back to the point. This is pure speculation on my part, so take what you want from it, but they just hired Winston so I'm thinking it wouldn't make sense to rush Tommy back in after doing just a handful of gigs with Winston. Besides, Tommy's off doing his own shit, tweeting stupid pictures of this thumb every day, so idk if he even WANTS to. And Dave even said to me, he's not sure if Tommy's ever coming back.

That would suck major balls though, so I hope we'll be seeing him again soon. Till then, we'll just have to enjoy Winston. Yay Winston! *cue half-hearted clapping*

(Okay, that's mean, I know. I really like Winston; he's a great fit for the band, but he's just.not.Tommy.)

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

When I was in grad school, Axl's tour came through Ames, IA. I knew a few people who went and they said the show started a few hours late and they didn't get home till 2 or 3 in the morning. Guess this has been going on for awhile now.